Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

cereal VENT

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 73 Replies
1 mom liked this

Let's pretend baby cereal is healthy for one second, because that's not what this is about. I just saw someone post pictures of their TWO month old being feed cereal from a spoon. WTF. That's not the worst part, her other child has a gluten allergy..... so common sense would say AVOID hereditary allergies. Right????

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 4, 2014 at 6:13 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 4, 2014 at 6:14 AM

BUMP!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 4, 2014 at 6:16 AM

BUMP!

Cassie2115
by Gold Member on Mar. 4, 2014 at 6:19 AM
1 mom liked this
My baby is 3 months old and still has only ever had boobie or bottle. I'm not in any hurry to start foods either. With my second youngest I think we started a small bit of cereal around 3-3 months when formula just didn't seem to be enough.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 4, 2014 at 6:23 AM
6 moms liked this
My kid used to eat baby cereal around that age from a spoon.... OMG .... The odd time id mix it with his FORMULA.... The horrors... And put it in his bottle. He made it to 20 years old and is still ticking.... Why so judgemental? It's just frikken baby cereal and it's not even your kid... Get a life maybe?
MountieMama
by Gold Member on Mar. 4, 2014 at 6:24 AM
1 mom liked this
So we're upset about the age or the gluten?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 4, 2014 at 6:24 AM
1 mom liked this

The reason you are not supposed to start early is because their bodies can not digest it... like dogs can't digest chocolate. But most people don't know and also doctors aren't aware of up to date nutritional guidelines...

Quoting Cassie2115: My baby is 3 months old and still has only ever had boobie or bottle. I'm not in any hurry to start foods either. With my second youngest I think we started a small bit of cereal around 3-3 months when formula just didn't seem to be enough.

thefiregoddess
by MotherDucker on Mar. 4, 2014 at 6:25 AM
2 moms liked this
My kiddos pedi told me to feed her cereal at two months. Seriously. She also told me to let her cry it out.

I never went back.

Some people have blind faith in doctors and would follow that advice
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 4, 2014 at 6:26 AM

A little bit of both. 

Quoting MountieMama: So we're upset about the age or the gluten?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 4, 2014 at 6:27 AM

Soooo, how would you feel about me disaproving of my neighbors giving their apprently 6 year old child a full size bag of cheeto puffs and a can of soda and sending him outside to play? Not my kid, after all, right?

I have stupid neighbors. One of them told me once that my son doesn't weigh enough. He's 90% for height and always has been.

Quoting Anonymous: My kid used to eat baby cereal around that age from a spoon.... OMG .... The odd time id mix it with his FORMULA.... The horrors... And put it in his bottle. He made it to 20 years old and is still ticking.... Why so judgemental? It's just frikken baby cereal and it's not even your kid... Get a life maybe?

julie515
by Gold Member on Mar. 4, 2014 at 6:27 AM
1 mom liked this
You would think she had learned better qhen she researched allrgies for her oldest...
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN