Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

how many

Posted by on Mar. 4, 2014 at 6:25 AM
  • 14 Replies

How many of you will eat a paczki today?

by on Mar. 4, 2014 at 6:25 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
tnt-manda
by Mandy Dandy on Mar. 4, 2014 at 6:27 AM
What the heck is that?
mcginnisc
by Platinum Member on Mar. 4, 2014 at 6:29 AM

Yeah...I had to google that.. 

Nope..won't be eating any paczki today. I'm not Polish nor do we have any Polish bakeries and I certainly don't have time to make any myself today as I'm going to be busy all day. 

Claire

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13 

mamalynnsmith
by Bronze Member on Mar. 4, 2014 at 6:32 AM

It is a very fattening polish type of doughnut. Around this area (im in Michigan, most area with as lot of polish will have them) everyone most poeple will eat them to day for fat tuesday. I personally don't like them.

Quoting tnt-manda: What the heck is that?

mamalynnsmith
by Bronze Member on Mar. 4, 2014 at 6:34 AM

Most bakers here make them today only for fat tuesday. I am in michigan

Quoting mcginnisc:

Yeah...I had to google that.. 

Nope..won't be eating any paczki today. I'm not Polish nor do we have any Polish bakeries and I certainly don't have time to make any myself today as I'm going to be busy all day. 

tnt-manda
by Mandy Dandy on Mar. 4, 2014 at 6:35 AM
Im from Texas, I honestly have never heard of it. So I guess to answer your question. No.

Quoting mamalynnsmith:

It is a very fattening polish type of doughnut. Around this area (im in Michigan, most area with as lot of polish will have them) everyone most poeple will eat them to day for fat tuesday. I personally don't like them.

TableforSeven
by Platinum Member on Mar. 4, 2014 at 6:37 AM

I'm from Pennsylvania - "fat Tuesday" there you eat fasnachts.  But - that isn't a tradition of our (nothing "fat Tuesday" related is).  So - nope - no fatty pastries here.

elephantmamaof2
by Ruby Member on Mar. 4, 2014 at 6:37 AM

Interesting! There's a very large Polish population here and I've never heard of them! Dh's grandmother is Polish, I'll have to call her and tell her that I need to try one of these lol. Are they sweet?

Quoting mamalynnsmith:

mamalynnsmith
by Bronze Member on Mar. 4, 2014 at 6:59 AM

Very sweet. They put a jelly like or cream felling in them. I've heard they have like a 1000 calories in each one.

Quoting elephantmamaof2:

Interesting! There's a very large Polish population here and I've never heard of them! Dh's grandmother is Polish, I'll have to call her and tell her that I need to try one of these lol. Are they sweet?

Quoting mamalynnsmith:

Danesmommy1
by Grammar Police on Mar. 4, 2014 at 7:01 AM
Is today Fat Teusday? This year is racing along already!
elephantmamaof2
by Ruby Member on Mar. 4, 2014 at 7:14 AM

Holy cow! I love doughnuts, but I don't know if I could stomach a 1000 calorie one lol!

Quoting mamalynnsmith:

Very sweet. They put a jelly like or cream felling in them. I've heard they have like a 1000 calories in each one.

Quoting elephantmamaof2:

Quoting mamalynnsmith:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)