Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

This is ridiculous.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 9 Replies

My 11 yr old has her fifth stomach virus since Christmas. I took her in last time and they weren't concerned. But before this she had maybe five in her life. This doesn't count random times she has just thrown up once. Taking her back today. This isn't normal. 

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 4, 2014 at 7:42 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 4, 2014 at 7:43 AM
Has she recently started biting her nails or sharing drinks with friends?
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 4, 2014 at 7:46 AM

Quoting Anonymous: Has she recently started biting her nails or sharing drinks with friends?

Not biting nails.  Not sure on sharing drinks with friends.

mommybear91
by Gold Member on Mar. 4, 2014 at 7:47 AM
Aww good luck
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 4, 2014 at 7:49 AM
She's getting it from somewhere cause thats not normal to be sick that much. I hope she feels better soon.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous: Has she recently started biting her nails or sharing drinks with friends?

Not biting nails.  Not sure on sharing drinks with friends.

funny_girl3
by Gold Member on Mar. 4, 2014 at 7:56 AM

I'd take her back to the doctor, or possibly another doctor if yours is stumped.  My 11 year old was just diagnosed with lactose intolerance.  He would become extremely nauseous and would sometimes throw up, and he had stomach cramps.  Does she eat a lot of milk products?  Also, I'm allergic to cherries and if I accidentally eat them it feels like someone put napalm on my insides and lit it on fire, so maybe an allergy?

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 4, 2014 at 7:58 AM

Quoting funny_girl3:

I'd take her back to the doctor, or possibly another doctor if yours is stumped.  My 11 year old was just diagnosed with lactose intolerance.  He would become extremely nauseous and would sometimes throw up, and he had stomach cramps.  Does she eat a lot of milk products?  Also, I'm allergic to cherries and if I accidentally eat them it feels like someone put napalm on my insides and lit it on fire, so maybe an allergy?

She is lactose free. She has always been lactose intolerant. 

funny_girl3
by Gold Member on Mar. 4, 2014 at 8:02 AM

If she's in school, she couldn't be sneaking it, could she?  My son did that because he wanted to eat what everyone else was eating.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting funny_girl3:

She is lactose free. She has always been lactose intolerant. 

funny_girl3
by Gold Member on Mar. 4, 2014 at 8:03 AM

I've heard that concord grape juice--the kind with no added sugar--is good for stomach bugs.

krislovejmt
by on Mar. 4, 2014 at 8:24 AM

That  happens a lot around my house because my son and I have a stronger immune system than my husband and daughter. They get a bug, we get/carry it without any symptoms and end up giving it back to them. Hopefully it is something as simple as that! I know my kids get lots of illnesses repeatedly from other kids at school because a lot of parents send their kids to school sick. Good luck! I hope she feels better!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)