Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

It irks me when pro life people....

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 21 Replies

Mobile Photo

Want to circulate photos of a FULLY developed baby and say "this is what a baby looks like at 8/10/12 weeks of gestation".

Um no. That is not what a baby looks like at at 8, 10, or 12 weeks. No baby is fully developed at that point.

I had my youngest at 28 weeks and she wasnt as developed as the babies they're trying to say are between 8-12 weeks of gestational age.

The photo above was my 2 year old at 11 weeks. Clearly she was not fully developed, and did not actually look like a baby yet.

In the replies is her at 15 weeks and still NOT fully developed. (High risk pregnancy. I had an ultrasound every month...)

And then if anyone points out that that is not what a baby looks like at that point they ague saying they know for a fact that that's what a baby looks like at that time. When in all actuality anyone who has been pregnant or has kids, should know that a baby is not that developed at that time. It's just dumb.

*yes I know not all prolife people do this. I just don't understand why anyone does. I don't have a problem with my one being prolife, pro choice, or pro whatever. But I don't understand why some profile people want to actually believe this and then pass it around to get other people to believe it.
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 4, 2014 at 4:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 4, 2014 at 4:37 PM

Mobile Photo

isaiahbellamom
by Silver Member on Mar. 4, 2014 at 4:38 PM

My daughter at 7 months yup she's a real baby.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 4, 2014 at 4:40 PM
I have an ultrasound of dd similar to that. The tech tried so hard to get a clear view if her face but it was always all mushed up. At the 8 month one she put Her hands in her eyes...

Quoting isaiahbellamom:

My daughter at 7 months yup she's a real baby.
AliKatAK47
by Meanie Pants on Mar. 4, 2014 at 4:42 PM
1 mom liked this

This isn't going to sway their ignorant opinions. They can't get past anything they've read on lifenews or whatever Pro-fetus site they've been absorbed in. 

isaiahbellamom
by Silver Member on Mar. 4, 2014 at 4:43 PM
1 mom liked this

At 14 weeks with her hand over her face.
white_wolf454
by Platinum Member on Mar. 4, 2014 at 4:43 PM

most who do are the extreamist and are trying to scare you or shame you into not doing . Me i am Pro-me thats my path and I dont plan to change 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 4, 2014 at 4:43 PM
I just don't see how anyone that has kids can even think that their that developed at that point. They just pop into your uterus fully developed. There's a reason why it takes 9 months.

Quoting AliKatAK47:

This isn't going to sway their ignorant opinions. They can't get past anything they've read on lifenews or whatever Pro-fetus site they've been absorbed in. 

RitaTequila531
by *JuStRITa* on Mar. 4, 2014 at 4:45 PM
Hee hee she looks like shes doing a facepalm :0)

Quoting isaiahbellamom:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AliKatAK47
by Meanie Pants on Mar. 4, 2014 at 4:46 PM

I haven't given birth but its kind of obvious. I mean, a 12 week pregnant woman isn't even showing yet most of the time. Someone with a fully developed being inside of them is usually as big as the hindenberg by then. 

Quoting Anonymous: I just don't see how anyone that has kids can even think that their that developed at that point. They just pop into your uterus fully developed. There's a reason why it takes 9 months.
Quoting AliKatAK47:

isaiahbellamom
by Silver Member on Mar. 4, 2014 at 4:46 PM
1 mom liked this
Lol right the tech said she had her head snuggled on the placenta like a pillow. She even was a diva in the womb.

Quoting RitaTequila531: Hee hee she looks like shes doing a facepalm :0)

Quoting isaiahbellamom:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)