Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

can we get in trouble with CPS for this?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 71 Replies
My MIL told me that if anyone called CPS on us that we would get in trouble for our DDs sharing a bed.
Our DDs share a twin bed. They are 5 and 3. They share a room, the twin bed was my ODDs bed and YDD has a toddler bed in the room too. She stopped sleeping in it and started climbing into bed with ODD.

They both sleep fine. I've tried keeping her in her own bed, but she gets out in the middle of the night anyway.

We're about to move, so I thought I'd put a full size bed in their room to be more comfortable.

my MIL said that's against the law and we're gonna get in trouble. I've looked online and didn't find anything about it.

So I'm coming to the all knowing cafemom.
We're in Colorado btw.
Anyone know?
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 5, 2014 at 1:04 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
momoftwogirl55
by Platinum Member on Mar. 5, 2014 at 1:06 AM
My brother and I shared a full size bed for a while.
I think since they are the same gender, you'd be fine.
TheDrsRose
by Bad♥Wolf on Mar. 5, 2014 at 1:06 AM

Good question..Bump.

mommytoacloud
by on Mar. 5, 2014 at 1:06 AM
No as long as they both have beds cps cares more about how things look then anything
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 5, 2014 at 1:08 AM
1 mom liked this

no way... i have had visits from cps and all they do is look at where you live, how you live and if your children have a room. (girls can share.. mine do)... I think you are good. Is she planning on calling cps on you?

atoney15
by Member on Mar. 5, 2014 at 1:08 AM
I'm not on Colorado but as for my state (VA.) That's not against the law or reason enough for CPA to step in. They are both girls and still pretty young. I think it they were a boy and a girl and a little older it would be an issue.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 5, 2014 at 1:09 AM

lol its not against the law. as long as a bed is provided for both of them, you are fine. there is no law that says they can't share a bed.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 5, 2014 at 1:09 AM

I used to share a twin bed with my sister, so I think you'd be fine with a king.

Bluerose1482
by Ruby Member on Mar. 5, 2014 at 1:10 AM

Where I live, each child must have their own bed, even if they don't sleep in it.  If you are worried about it, just get a trundle bed and leave it under the bed.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 5, 2014 at 1:10 AM
Just seems to be a waste of space and a bed if they end up in one bed either way.

Quoting mommytoacloud: No as long as they both have beds cps cares more about how things look then anything
MedicMommy2
by Silver Member on Mar. 5, 2014 at 1:10 AM
1 mom liked this

As long as they both have a bed it's fine if they choose to share. I think the issue lies with them not having a choice.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN