Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Is 18 to young to be a adult?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 46 Replies

Poll

Question: is 18 is to young to be a adult.

Options:

no 18 is a good age to be adult.

yes 18 is to young to be a adult

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 59

View Results

with how the world is today. and all the high school dropout rates. do you think they need to change the age of being a adult?

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 5, 2014 at 1:10 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 5, 2014 at 1:24 AM
Like it would make a difference.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 5, 2014 at 1:24 AM
Too*
Mommy2jeremy
by Bronze Member on Mar. 5, 2014 at 1:24 AM
I don't consider 18 year olds adults honestly but it depends on the person and their maturity level too.
lenashark
by Ruby Member on Mar. 5, 2014 at 1:26 AM
4 moms liked this

No, teenagers and kids are just held to lower expectations these days, leading to immaturity. I know 18 year olds who are less competent of taking care of themselves than my six year old because they have been babied and convinced that they aren't responsible and shouldn't have to take care of themselves.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 5, 2014 at 2:45 AM
Yes! Exactly!

Quoting lenashark:

No, teenagers and kids are just held to lower expectations these days, leading to immaturity. I know 18 year olds who are less competent of taking care of themselves than my six year old because they have been babied and convinced that they aren't responsible and shouldn't have to take care of themselves.

Bleacher-mom
by Gold Member on Mar. 5, 2014 at 2:50 AM
Quoting lenashark:

I agree. I know people who are over 20 and still less capable then I was at 16. I think it totally depends on maturity which depends on how they are raised.
wooly
by Knitting Maniac on Mar. 5, 2014 at 2:54 AM
2 moms liked this

Your brain is not fully developed at 18. If one is truly honest you'll realize that there was a huge difference in the decisions you made at 18  & 25.

waytomanykids10
by on Mar. 5, 2014 at 3:22 AM
Totally agree.

Quoting Anonymous: Yes! Exactly!

Quoting lenashark:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 5, 2014 at 3:39 AM
1 mom liked this
I have heard that physiologically, you are not an adult until you are about 21. Maybe that's what the new 18 should be.
EntrepeneurMom
by The Major on Mar. 5, 2014 at 3:52 AM
I think 20 would be better.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)