Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Sometimes I regret having kids.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 158 Replies
My one year old daughter is my one and only child, and she certainly will be my last. She has been a monster since day one, and as she gets older, it just gets worse and worse. As a newborn up until six months or so, she would cry for hours every evening. HOURS. She wouldn't take a bottle, but would root around like she wanted one. We took her to the pediatrician, assuming she must have some sort of problem going on, only to be told every time that she was fine. As a one year old, she screams over everything. She won't sleep on her own, which has been an issue from day one, with 45 minutes being the longest she slept for the first three or four months. She screams if we try to put her in her crib, and she will go for hours. Other people we know with kids her age just stick them in their crib, and they sleep. Everything is a huge struggle or a ritual with her because so little actually works. I'm sick of spending two hours trying to get her to fall asleep at night despite that we've taken her naps from her, only to have her wake up two hours later, then wake up and scream every time you try to move her back to her crib. Then a few hours after that, she's up again! We have several friends with children around her age, and they all tell us that they wonder how we do it. "Our kid NEVER acted like that." Is a very common thing for us to hear. She screams and throws fits about everything, and she never sleeps!
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 5, 2014 at 6:55 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SlightlyPerfect
Merry Giftmas!
Today at 11:08 AM
by on Mar. 5, 2014 at 6:57 AM
2 moms liked this
I'd take her to another doctor. Poor kid. Poor you! No one can live on that little sleep. You have to rule some things out, including pain.
Foolynroo2
by Emerald Member on Mar. 5, 2014 at 6:57 AM
1 mom liked this

So you've consulted your childs doctor and what do they say?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 5, 2014 at 6:58 AM
That's the thing, we take her to the doctor like constantly because of this. We've easily addressed this issue over 20 times with her doctor, and she checks her out, has had some blood work done as well, and says there's nothing wrong with her.

Quoting SlightlyPerfect: I'd take her to another doctor. Poor kid. Poor you! No one can live on that little sleep. You have to rule some things out, including pain.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 5, 2014 at 7:00 AM
2 moms liked this
Have her checked for reflux. My second dd was like yours. It sucked, but it was because she had silent reflux and when laying down it would burn. She's 15 now, and still not easy to deal with, but I wish we could have known sooner.
twinmommy27
by Ruby Member on Mar. 5, 2014 at 7:00 AM
2 moms liked this
I'd find a new doctor!
Hugs!!!!
SlightlyPerfect
Merry Giftmas!
Today at 11:08 AM
by on Mar. 5, 2014 at 7:01 AM
1 mom liked this
It could be as simple as colic. Could be something as complicated as pain.

Does she ever go to daycare? How does she do there? Does she only do this for you guys?

Quoting Anonymous: That's the thing, we take her to the doctor like constantly because of this. We've easily addressed this issue over 20 times with her doctor, and she checks her out, has had some blood work done as well, and says there's nothing wrong with her.

Quoting SlightlyPerfect: I'd take her to another doctor. Poor kid. Poor you! No one can live on that little sleep. You have to rule some things out, including pain.
littlesippycup
by Ruby Member on Mar. 5, 2014 at 7:01 AM
Big hugs and a bump for some help.
owl0210
by Emerald Member on Mar. 5, 2014 at 7:01 AM
4 moms liked this
Parenting is hard and I think many moms feel that way at some point. I'm dealing with a strong willed 4 yr old and it's not fun.
KatLee42513
by on Mar. 5, 2014 at 7:03 AM
4 moms liked this
You're an idiot for not getting a second opinion or even a third.
RainyMorning28
by on Mar. 5, 2014 at 7:03 AM
3 moms liked this

It is time for a new doctor. have they looked into acid reflux?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN