Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Can I ask a question?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 66 Replies
2 moms liked this

I need to understand the logic here...

How is it considered "brave" to not go Anon when replying to posts here?

Knowing the screename doesnt tell you anything about who the User is in real life. Profiles can be faked or set to private. 

To me all knowing the screename does is open the door to get unwanted feedback from people. It doesnt mean the person is going to read what you had to say, they'd either ignore it, delete it or just never see it.

"standing by what you say" doesnt really cover it for me since we're all still Anon, screename or not. Just a matter of not wanting to get stalked or get negative feedback outside the thread isnt it? Its not about bravery.

Plus why would you want to reply or pursue someone that isnt interested in your feedback to them and isnt going to read it or respond to it? If they want to be left alone and just say what they wanted to say, why not respect that?

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 5, 2014 at 7:51 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Pink.Sunshine.
by on Mar. 5, 2014 at 7:53 AM
Because people are ridiculous. Everyone is pretty much Anonymous on here unless all of their personal info is posted publicly on their profiles. I go anon in the "In the bedroom" group for obvious reasons and here.
sparklelamb
by Member on Mar. 5, 2014 at 7:54 AM

i think sometimes people go 'anon' when its hard for them to talk about things as well as just maybe wanting to be private. i dont see a problem with it nor do i see it as 'cowardly'  its a post, on a page.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 5, 2014 at 7:58 AM
2 moms liked this

yea with just my screen name they tracked down my facebook and twitter along with the city i lived in and my real name. Because of my job my real name was connected to websites and facebooks to my job. Some of the woman on her are certifiable. btw my profiles were all set to private...nothing private on the internet.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 5, 2014 at 8:01 AM

People always call anons cowards when the anon proved them wrong.  It's hilarious.  

Danesmommy1
by Grammar Police on Mar. 5, 2014 at 8:02 AM
I think I've replied only 2 or 3 times as anon. And honestly, each time I was a bit embarrassed. One I remember was a sex question. I felt ok asking because I hid behind the anon button, lol
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 5, 2014 at 8:02 AM

this is true, but I think I'm willing to chance that most people dont have the skill set to do that. On the offchance you bump into that 1 in 10,000 that knows how to hack or track then you take extra measures when you realize it and cut em off somehow and do damage control. I've had to deal with that too, but we've been good at catching it so far. I'm terrified of the future tho as things get more advanced and my advanced age makes me an easier target to thieves. 

Quoting Anonymous:

yea with just my screen name they tracked down my facebook and twitter along with the city i lived in and my real name. Because of my job my real name was connected to websites and facebooks to my job. Some of the woman on her are certifiable. btw my profiles were all set to private...nothing private on the internet.

lapcounter
by Queen Mom on Mar. 5, 2014 at 8:03 AM
Thank you!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 5, 2014 at 8:04 AM
1 mom liked this

You dont need most people..You just need one very lonely bored housewife who can and sadly you can find a lot of those on here.

Quoting Anonymous:

this is true, but I think I'm willing to chance that most people dont have the skill set to do that. On the offchance you bump into that 1 in 10,000 that knows how to hack or track then you take extra measures when you realize it and cut em off somehow and do damage control. I've had to deal with that too, but we've been good at catching it so far. I'm terrified of the future tho as things get more advanced and my advanced age makes me an easier target to thieves. 

Quoting Anonymous:

LeKendria
by Bronze Member on Mar. 5, 2014 at 8:05 AM
1 mom liked this
Some people just don't grow up . A lot of these women like to fight and bicker. I never post or reply anon. I'm not worried what anyone thinks of my PERSONAL opinion. We should all be old enough to accept the fact that we will not always agree and that does not make the next person horrible.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 5, 2014 at 8:05 AM
1 mom liked this
It's brave because people remember screen names and if you have strong, controversial opinions people remember that and it tends to follow you to whichever post you comment on. It's very easy to gain a negative following here and you can't tell me you haven't witnessed the stalkerish crap that goes on. If not, you must be somewhat new.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)