Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Would you let your teen daughter go.

Posted by on Mar. 5, 2014 at 8:56 AM
  • 194 Replies

Thought I would update.   The Cast Party was this past Saturday.  She went and had a great time with no incident. She was wrong about the no adult thing.  there were plenty of adults in attendance.  Quite a few parents went along. Since there were plenty of adults there and she kinda didnt want me there, I let her carpool there with a friend and I just picked her up when it was over.

Last year when my dd was a freshman i found out literally after the show that there was a cast party at some restaurant.  I had no way of getting her there and it was already after 11pm so i told her not this time.  she was at the cast party in the afternoon and i paid for the pizza for the cast.

I told her last year she could go to the next one.  She's in another show and we know the party will take place after the last show  (which is not until may)  The show ends around 11:30 pm. I have no idea what restarurant yet and i dont drive  But I told her she could go and that we would either have my sister go with us or we can take a taxi from the school to the restaurant.  She tells me she doesnt want me to go because she doesnt think parents are allowed.  She expects me to pick her up from school take her to the restaurant and then wait to pick her up. 

Edited to add some more info:   She's a good kid 99% of the time. She really is.  However she has made some very poor choices in the past.  Its been about a year since that poor choice but i didnt find out about it untila couple of months ago and its still kinda new.  We are working on building up that trust again but its hard. Its not until the end of may so I still have some time to come to a compromise.

There is one more issue that I have and its that my daughter has a stalker. Letting her out of my sight is a very difficult thing to do. he has a habbit of showing up just when i let my guard down. The problem is he has not broken any laws that I can prove.  Just when i thought He was gone and moved on.  He started dating a girl from her school who just happens to be a part of the show.  Which gives him a valid reason to be around.

by on Mar. 5, 2014 at 8:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Mar. 5, 2014 at 8:59 AM
4 moms liked this
Yep, those parties are pretty standard. Maybe she could get a ride with a friend?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 5, 2014 at 8:59 AM
Will there be adults?
B1Bomber
by Ruby Member on Mar. 5, 2014 at 8:59 AM
10 moms liked this
My fifteen year old is not hanging out unsupervised in the middle of the night with a bunch of other teens. That is just asking for trouble.
Msgme
by Silver Member on Mar. 5, 2014 at 9:01 AM

Quoting Anonymous: Will there be adults?

According to her NO  thats why she said she didnt want me to come.  She doesnt want to be the only kid who brings along an adult.   Which i think is insane and i dont see myself letting it happen.  Perhaps if she was a lil older.

vlbomar
by Bronze Member on Mar. 5, 2014 at 9:02 AM
3 moms liked this
Yes. Its a social function. I wouldn't (and didn't) want my parents hovering over me.
Msgme
by Silver Member on Mar. 5, 2014 at 9:03 AM
4 moms liked this

Quoting B1Bomber: My fifteen year old is not hanging out unsupervised in the middle of the night with a bunch of other teens. That is just asking for trouble.

thats exacty what i was thinking.   Why can't i go to the restaurant and not sit with the cast.  Me and my sister could sit elsewhere until it was time to go.  

Elle.tea.22
by Ruby Member on Mar. 5, 2014 at 9:03 AM
Let her go
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 5, 2014 at 9:04 AM

Yes I would let her go,  they are going to a restaurant not an orgy!

2autisticsmom
by on Mar. 5, 2014 at 9:05 AM
3 moms liked this

If I had already  told her she could go, YES I would let her. Otherwise I am breaking a promise I made. She cannot ban you from a public place, so go with her if you must and wait in a separate area so she can hang with her friends. Maybe you and your sister can catch up while they have their party.  She's going to have to work with you or arrange to have her friend's parents drive her.

danie24
by Ruby Member on Mar. 5, 2014 at 9:05 AM
5 moms liked this

No adults? Nope.

Parents aren't allowed? That would make me laugh my ass off.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)