Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Mirena users come here!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 12 Replies
I have had Mirena for about 2 years and recently I have developed some issues that I think might be caused by my Mirena. I have developed acne and I have been spotting almost daily. The spotting is really gooey mucous with blood in it. On top of that I have been cramping pretty bad. Has anyone else experienced something like this? What did you end up doing? Thanks!
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 5, 2014 at 9:14 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 5, 2014 at 9:16 AM
Bump!
abuckalew
by Bronze Member on Mar. 5, 2014 at 9:18 AM
I had that for the first 2 months of having the mirena in. After that it was ok until about a year into it I started to get really horrible migraines. I would never recommend the mirena iud. My friend uses the copper iud and loves it. She says she never has any side effefts and recommends it everyone.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 5, 2014 at 9:20 AM
I have Mirena , and I just found out I am pregnant and have to have it surgically removed. I am terrified because I didn't even know I was pregnant for the first three months . I hate this thing
rosesinspring
by Silver Member on Mar. 5, 2014 at 9:23 AM

i thought i was the only one who had acne while on it i break out so easily now and i havnt had the bloody muscs but i do have a slight discharge and always have  spotting closer to period time

WesternNYmom
by Platinum Member on Mar. 5, 2014 at 9:24 AM

I never had any issues with Mirena. I have been using it for 6 years.  I have a hormone imbalance, which causes the same syptoms op describes.  Since being on Mirena, my acne cleared up, I haven't had any cramps or heavy bleeding.  I also hven't had any abnormal paps since being on Mirena. Used to have them all the time before mirena.  am not saying Mirena is right for everyone, but it has helped me.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 5, 2014 at 9:25 AM
I haven't had my period since before i was pregnant so the spotting has been put of the blue!

Quoting rosesinspring:

i thought i was the only one who had acne while on it i break out so easily now and i havnt had the bloody muscs but i do have a slight discharge and always have  spotting closer to period time

DonnaNo3
by Member on Mar. 5, 2014 at 9:28 AM
I had it for about 6 months then had it removed. I bleed and bleed and bleed. The couple times I had sex with it in it hurt me and him. I am one of those people that cant seem to find the right birth control except for watching the calendar. Good luck.
rosesinspring
by Silver Member on Mar. 5, 2014 at 9:29 AM

Quoting Anonymous: I haven't had my period since before i was pregnant so the spotting has been put of the blue!
Quoting rosesinspring:

can u feel the string or have u been able to feel the string ( i have never felt the string) it could have shifted and could be issuse u should probally see ur obgyn

MommyLehr
by Veronica on Mar. 5, 2014 at 9:30 AM

Sounds like you have cysts on your ovaries. I have the exact same problem right now!

MommyLehr
by Veronica on Mar. 5, 2014 at 9:32 AM

Me too! My acne isn't as bad as it was when I was 16. But I should not be having acne like this!

Quoting rosesinspring:

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers

save the date

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN