Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Sticky Situation With DSD

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 111 Replies

Here's the deal.

We are full-time CP to DSD. No visiting order for BM, though they do talk on the phone about once a week.

We are going on a road trip this summer.

Along the way, we're going to stop and see BM so that DSD can see her and visit with her brother for a little bit (half brother). In a different state, we're also going to be in the town that my XH lives in for a day and so, my kids with him are going to stay the night with him.

Here's the problem. DSD's maternal grandfather lives in the same town as XH. She keeps asking if she can stay the night with him since her brother and sister ('step' siblings) are staying with their dad.

WELL, her grandpa repeatedly raped BM when she was a kid- that's not something I am willing to chance with my kid (I don't care what you say- she IS mine!).

So, we can visit him, of course, but there is no way in HELL DH or I will feel comfortable leaving DSD alone with him.

My question for you, and the reason I am posting this is, how would you tell a 7 year old little girl the reason she can't stay with her grandpa?

Keep in mind, I will NOT tell her at 7 the truth. She does not need to know that there are sick people who are related to her.

TIA!

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 5, 2014 at 9:15 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 5, 2014 at 9:34 AM

BUMP!!

mommytoeandb
by Platinum Member on Mar. 5, 2014 at 9:36 AM

I wouldn't even visit him.  

Mommyscookie
by on Mar. 5, 2014 at 9:37 AM
1 mom liked this
I wouldn't even visit someone with my own child who raped a kid in the past.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 5, 2014 at 9:37 AM
1 mom liked this
Knowing what I know I wouldn't even let her visit with him. I would just say that sometimes people make bad choices that affects them for the rest of their life and she is not going to be visiting with him
StephanieDpls3
by Bronze Member on Mar. 5, 2014 at 9:38 AM
I wouldn't visit him. Why would you want her to spend time with someone that's clearly a horrible person? So he can think of her later in in appropriate ways? No thanks!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Miller0305
by Platinum Member on Mar. 5, 2014 at 9:38 AM
This. Why are you even thinking about visiting that monster?

Quoting mommytoeandb:

I wouldn't even visit him.  

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
B1Bomber
by Platinum Member on Mar. 5, 2014 at 9:38 AM
2 moms liked this
This is a good time for because I said so.
vegaswife2011
by LMAO on Mar. 5, 2014 at 9:39 AM

No. 

vegaswife2011
by LMAO on Mar. 5, 2014 at 9:40 AM

I wouldn't let him around any of your kids period. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 5, 2014 at 9:40 AM
Yikes....you are nicer than me....I wouldn't be taking her over there at all. Maybe just tell her that you two want to spend the alone time with her? I am sorry I don't have any great suggestions. Sticky situation, for sure.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)