Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

DD had to sit out at recess for not sharing her colored pencils

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 696 Replies
8 moms liked this
My DD is in first grade and at the beginning of the year, we got a very extensive supply list. It had things like 10 boxes of crayons, 20 glue sticks, 40 presharepened pencils and 5 boxes of colored pencils and much more. I wasn't sure whether they would be doing classroom shared supplies or if like last year, they would just keep their supplies in our cubbies and be able to get more from their own cubby when they need it but I sent in everything that was asked of me. On Monday, I got a note home saying that the class needed more supplies particularly pencils, colored pencils, crayons and glue sticks. Now, of course I'm not going to let my own child go without but at the same time I was not OK with providing another classroom supply. So I sent my daughter with one box of crayons, 1 box of colored pencils, one gluestick a 5 pencils along with a note to the teacher saying that these are to be used by my daughter and my daughter only since I have already supplied the requested classroom supplies at the beginning of the year. Yesterday, my daughter came home telling me that she had to sit out the entire resesss because she wouldn't share colored pencils as I had told her not to. I told the teacher and she said that if she's told a student to share something they will share it. I cleaned the teacher that as I paid for those supplies she had no right to force my daughter to share as it is already provided double if not triple the supplies that my daughter needed for the year and they've already been used up by other kids (I know for a fact she is only on her third box of crayons and second if colored pencils). she said that the problem is is that only about half the kids are bringing in school supplies so of course the supplies go faster. I told her that unfortunately it's not my job to provide school supplies for other kids its my job to provide supplies for my kid. She then said that I'm being selfish. I told her to direct that comment to the parents were sending their children in without school supplies.Then she hung up on me. I feel like her behavior was very unprofessional and I don't think its right that she take school supplies that I bought and give them to other children without my permission. I am considering making an appointment with the assistant principal and discussing it with her.
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 5, 2014 at 9:31 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 5, 2014 at 9:33 AM
34 moms liked this

Awe I'm sorry you have to be so petty over a box of 97cent pencils,  way to go teaching your kid to be selfish!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 5, 2014 at 9:33 AM
1 mom liked this
I have nothing nice to say so I'll just go ahead and exit.
Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Mar. 5, 2014 at 9:35 AM
1 mom liked this
Abandoning post now...
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 5, 2014 at 9:35 AM
4 moms liked this

You sound like a pleasant parent teachers are going to love to work with.....You will be that mom and it will only hurt your kid.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Mar. 5, 2014 at 9:36 AM
19 moms liked this
Nothing wrong with your child sharing. It's a good skill to have. But, the teachers attitude was wrong.
danie24
by Ruby Member on Mar. 5, 2014 at 9:36 AM
9 moms liked this

Grow up.

Your teaching your kid to be an asshole.

I can`t imagine EVER telling my kids that they aren`t allowed to share. Wow.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Mar. 5, 2014 at 9:36 AM
8 moms liked this
I have a difficult time believing that this is the story that would be told by the teacher as well. somehow I think her viewpoint would be completely different, oh innocent parent.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Mar. 5, 2014 at 9:36 AM
3 moms liked this
You and your child are selfish. And yes your child should be punished for not listening to her teacher.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Mar. 5, 2014 at 9:37 AM
41 moms liked this
Yup, if she doesnt like it that you wont buy for everyone yet again and punish your child for it I'd take it up with the school. My sons k class put all supplies together at the beginning of the year and did not go through everything in that year and your guys supply list was a hell of a lot bigger.
vegaswife2011
by LMAO on Mar. 5, 2014 at 9:37 AM
3 moms liked this

Wow. Just wow. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN