Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

He CHEATED!

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Do you believe a marriage or relationship can be saved after one partner, or both cheat?
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 5, 2014 at 9:49 AM
Replies (31-40):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Mar. 5, 2014 at 10:38 AM
LMAO this is not true for everyone.

Quoting kerriebear88:

Quoting Anonymous:

No once a cheater always a cheater.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 10 on Mar. 5, 2014 at 10:38 AM

Depends on the two people in the marriage.

Some people can and will move on together, rebuilding their relationship together. Creating a new, stronger bond with one another, by working out all their problems and starting anew. This takes both wanting it, both willing to do what it takes, and both giving it their all.

Some people just can't, some people can't move pass what has happened, some people can't let go, some people just don't want to rebuild.  This only takes one. If just one feels this way, it can never workout and the couple can never rebuild together.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 11 on Mar. 5, 2014 at 10:39 AM
Yes .. Some not all but some do change . I am so very grateful and thankful my now dh forgave me for cheating on him when we dated . We have been married 2 years and have a baby on the way . He had faith in me and didnt give up .
lovelife350
by Platinum Member on Mar. 5, 2014 at 10:39 AM

nope

Elle.tea.22
by Ruby Member on Mar. 5, 2014 at 10:39 AM
No
Anonymous
by Anonymous 11 on Mar. 5, 2014 at 10:41 AM
I used to believe this . I changed I cheated once in my life on my bf now dh. He is a forgiving man and i feel like crap about it all the time . He says he hates what I did but loved me and some people make huge mistakes

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 9 on Mar. 5, 2014 at 10:43 AM

Depends. My husband had a one night stand a few years back. He was drunk we had been arguing a lot and he had sex with a coworker.  He told me as soon as he got back home.  He also asked to switch departments so they wouldn't work together or travel together anymore.  She also apologized to me and I forgave her it was harder to forgive him since he promised to be faithful.  He did everything I asked and went to counseling with me. He never blamed me and took full responsibility.

Him coming to me right away showed he had remorse and it wasn't something he was out doing a lot.  He is a much better husband now and I am a better wife. My kids are in a loving and happy home. His one night stand was terrible but it was also a wake up call.

aandt1999
by Platinum Member on Mar. 5, 2014 at 10:45 AM

I don't think I could stay with him if he did that to me. I would like to say that I could work through anything to save my marriage, but I really don't know. If he didn't respect it enough, why should I? 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 9 on Mar. 5, 2014 at 10:46 AM

How long has it been since you cheated? Have you had any major life issues since then?  My ex cheated the second year of our marriage and was a changed man. He was for 10 years until we hit a rough patch again and he reverted back to his old habits.  Cheaters rarely reform unless they have counseling and get to the bottom of why they cheated.  If they get no help with the same thing happens they almost always cheat again.  So hopefully you got some help and learned why you cheated and steps you can take when you feel that way again so you don't. 

Quoting Anonymous: I used to believe this . I changed I cheated once in my life on my bf now dh. He is a forgiving man and i feel like crap about it all the time . He says he hates what I did but loved me and some people make huge mistakes
Quoting Anonymous:

KnittinMama
by on Mar. 5, 2014 at 10:48 AM
This

Quoting Stephd710:

Personally no i dont.  I could never trust him again and there is no marriage without trust.  My ex cheated and we were divorced within that same year.  That is the ultimate disrespect in my opinion and i wont stay and give him another chance to do it again.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN