Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

He CHEATED!

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Do you believe a marriage or relationship can be saved after one partner, or both cheat?
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 5, 2014 at 9:49 AM
Replies (41-50):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 12 on Mar. 5, 2014 at 10:50 AM

not for me, no.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 13 on Mar. 5, 2014 at 10:51 AM
I do. If my dh cheated, I would not leave him.
Mom-does-hair
by Gold Member on Mar. 5, 2014 at 10:51 AM
I know people who have. I couldn't. I 'd be a mess and never trust them again.
jslpruitt
by Silver Member on Mar. 5, 2014 at 10:53 AM

Maybe. I personally wouldnt stay though. Trust is a huge factor in a relationship and I just couldn't trust again.

Sbellemommy
by Silver Member on Mar. 5, 2014 at 10:54 AM

For me no.  I tried to forgive and move on.  But ultimately I was angry and resentful.  I was always waiting for the axe to drop.  The trust was gone.  No matter how hard I tried to get it back it was gone.  It wasn't fair to him and it certainly wasn't fair for me to say I would work onsomethign when deep down I hated him for it all.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 14 on Mar. 5, 2014 at 10:54 AM

Yes.  But it takes a lot of work, on both parts. 

Twix.Leigh
by Platinum Member on Mar. 5, 2014 at 10:54 AM
I believe it is situational. Some people can move past it, building an even stronger romance, others will think of it forever.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 15 on Mar. 5, 2014 at 10:55 AM

I cheated on my husband 2 1/2 years ago. We were going through some major shit, and I made the mistake to make it worse by sleeping with a coworker. I KNOW I will never cheat again. We have had ups and downs since the affair, and honestly, the thought of divorce goes through my mind, not cheating. I cheated because I felt alone and unloved. My husband was not treating me well. I took an opportunity with a guy who paid attention to me, and told me what I wanted to hear, end of story. I have come to terms with what I did, and I know now that I love myself and my kids far more than an outsider. I am slowly earning back trust with my husband. Neither of us are perfect, but we are committed to working on our marriage, and loving each other. Cheating is not a one size fits all box.

Quoting Anonymous:

How long has it been since you cheated? Have you had any major life issues since then?  My ex cheated the second year of our marriage and was a changed man. He was for 10 years until we hit a rough patch again and he reverted back to his old habits.  Cheaters rarely reform unless they have counseling and get to the bottom of why they cheated.  If they get no help with the same thing happens they almost always cheat again.  So hopefully you got some help and learned why you cheated and steps you can take when you feel that way again so you don't. 

Quoting Anonymous: I used to believe this . I changed I cheated once in my life on my bf now dh. He is a forgiving man and i feel like crap about it all the time . He says he hates what I did but loved me and some people make huge mistakes
Quoting Anonymous:

No once a cheater always a cheater.

lovemercygrace
by Platinum Member on Mar. 5, 2014 at 10:56 AM

Yes, If both people want to work on it.

3kidz123
by on Mar. 5, 2014 at 10:58 AM

yes...sometimes

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN