Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

It's hard being the "ugly" friend *edit*

Posted by on Mar. 5, 2014 at 10:03 AM
  • 240 Replies
3 moms liked this

So, Sunday I went out with some friends for my friend's birthday. Me and the birthday girl were outside the bowling ally when a truck pulls up. The guy starts to talk with us and I could tell he was interested in Jennifer. When he found out she was married and I was the single one, I could tell he was disapointed. Well, he came in to bowl with us anyway and he and I chit chatted. He got my number, called me and we set up a date for tonight. I had a feeling he wasn't REALLY interested in me though, and I was right. He has blown me off. This isn't the first time this has happened to me and it won't be the last. Ugh. I hate being the ugly friend!!!

Thank you all for all the nice responses! As far as MC posts, this one is going well. And thank you to all that can relate! I do want to say though my friend is not slutty. She is prettier than me and has a more outgoing personality. And she wasn't dressed slutty. She's a jeans and tshirt kind of girl like me. This post wasn't nessecerely about getting picked up by some dude at the bowling ally, but more about being second best I suppose. Those that can relate get what I'm saying. LOL

by on Mar. 5, 2014 at 10:03 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Mar. 5, 2014 at 10:05 AM
12 moms liked this
Oh honey, I'm sure you're not ugly! Self confidence is really attractive, work on your self esteem and strut your stuff!
thenameshailie
by Emerald Member on Mar. 5, 2014 at 10:05 AM
30 moms liked this

He probably didnt think you are the ugly friend, he probably just thought that she was the slutty friend.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Mar. 5, 2014 at 10:06 AM
Sorry! What do you look like?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 5, 2014 at 10:06 AM
1 mom liked this
Soo...this was some random guy? And he came in to bowl with you? Lol just a random dude by himself? That sounds so weird to me. And why even put yourself in that situation if you could tell that you had just become a matter of convenience for him?
blessed107
by Ruby Member on Mar. 5, 2014 at 10:06 AM

Damn, sorry.

weeping_angel
by Don't Blink on Mar. 5, 2014 at 10:06 AM

I normally try and put on the act!

Quoting Danesmommy1: Oh honey, I'm sure you're not ugly! Self confidence is really attractive, work on your self esteem and strut your stuff!

weeping_angel
by Don't Blink on Mar. 5, 2014 at 10:07 AM

He had a friend with him.

Quoting Anonymous: Soo...this was some random guy? And he came in to bowl with you? Lol just a random dude by himself? That sounds so weird to me. And why even put yourself in that situation if you could tell that you had just become a matter of convenience for him?

aandt1999
by Platinum Member on Mar. 5, 2014 at 10:08 AM
3 moms liked this

I'm sure you're exaggerating. You are probably not ugly at all. Post a pic, let us be the judge. Maybe we can give you some tips. I'm sure a simple hair or makeup change will make a difference.

I am married and was still upset one night after going out with my friends. I thought a guy was talking to me and he got this disgusted look on his face and said, "not YOU, her!"  I wasn't interested obviously, but it would have been nice to say that. lol. Oh well. 

CorbinsMumma
by Ruby Member on Mar. 5, 2014 at 10:08 AM
1 mom liked this
I know how you feel :(
livingforthem83
by Gold Member on Mar. 5, 2014 at 10:09 AM
27 moms liked this
After he was hitting on your friend you should have never gave him your number. Don't settle for second best, you need more confidence.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN