Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Soo.... it seems like a lot of you don't know what sharing is.

Posted by on Mar. 5, 2014 at 2:18 PM
  • 281 Replies
64 moms liked this

Forcing a child to take the suplies purchased by their parent and dumping them into a community box for others to use is not sharing, it's taking from one and giving to another. I think most people like to refer to this pratice as sharing in order to make themselves or the situation look better. Sharing would be the child or parenting willingly providing for others. It is not the responsiblity of the few to provide for them many unless they willingly accept it. 

Bottom line, no one should be forced to "share" if they dont want to nor should they be made to feel bad. I don't have to share my money or the things I buys if I don't, just like I don't have to share my body with anyone I don't want to. They are both equally mine. 

Stop with the bullshit ladies. 

by on Mar. 5, 2014 at 2:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Mar. 5, 2014 at 2:19 PM
32 moms liked this

brettsmomma
by ~Tammie~ on Mar. 5, 2014 at 2:20 PM
5 moms liked this

I tell my son that The teacher is the queen of that class. Ruler of all the children under her care. If she says share them, give them away, what ever you want to call it your child should do it. If you have a problem with it then you (the adult) can take up the cause yourself with the teacher or principal or even the whole school board.

Photo: -Randi.

Melissa_4
by Ruby Member on Mar. 5, 2014 at 2:21 PM
17 moms liked this

If in seven months some parents haven't come up with the money to provide basic supplies for their own children, I don't see where it should be the responsibility of the other parents to provide for those kids.  I can understand all sharing in the beginning of the year, when some people haven't had a chance to get to the stores, etc., but after seven months of school?  Sorry, it's not a charity.

The "Queen of the classroom" has no more right to punish a child for doing what her parents say to do than she has the right to punish that child for not brushing her teeth before going to bed or staying up late.  It's her parents place to do so, not the teacher.  Her mother said they were hers.  How would YOUR child feel if she brought a brand new thing that her mom gave her to use for only herself, and the teacher punished her for not sharing with the entire class?  The kid is 7 years old, was obeying her mom, and I'm sure was hurt and embarrassed at the teacher's punishment.

ButterMeUp
by Butters on Mar. 5, 2014 at 2:21 PM
1 mom liked this

Lmao, I love that movie entirely too much. 

Quoting Anonymous:

*If you read my post and there are mistakes in my spelling or grammar please note that I never learned either in school and I am currently learning them now. If you see a mistake POLITELY point it out and I'll be more than happy to correct my mistake. Here's a fun little siggy for your enjoyment. *

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 5, 2014 at 2:21 PM
13 moms liked this

MommyAddie
by Platinum Member on Mar. 5, 2014 at 2:22 PM
1 mom liked this
Right on, OP!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lauren.m
1 mom liked this
I always buy extra and have my kids put it in the community box at open house before school starts. They have their own and also share with the other kids that don't have any. No one is forced to share at my kids school the kids that don't have supplies get from the community box or go without until they bring in their own.
Miranda1127
22 moms liked this

when one is FORCED to share it's called welfare/public asistance.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 5, 2014 at 2:23 PM
7 moms liked this

I completely agree.  Parents need to take care of their own kids.  If you can't afford supplies for your kids than you need to cut back, work more hours, or find another way.  I'm so sick of the deadbeats in this society and worse the idea that it's somehow our role to provide for those to lazy to take care of their own kids.  

JDmommyJD
by the sauce is boss on Mar. 5, 2014 at 2:24 PM
1 mom liked this
As parents, we force our children to share all the time. What are you talking about? Maybe because you only have 1, you don't get it.

ETA: i am referring to sharing, in general. I was not aware this is a possible spin off, and am not referring to anything related to the s/o post.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN