Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My confession: I hate being a SAHM ****EDIT****

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 189 Replies
13 moms liked this

I always see post about how working moms are jealous of sahm or vice versa. Personally, I hate staying home yeah I love my kids and like being home with them most of the time. I have 4 kids ages 8,8,6,4, they annoy me all of the time with all the arguing and crying especially the girls. I can't see how anyone would be jealous of me, I been a sahm for what now seems like forever and finally I see the light at the end of the tunnel. The youngest will be going to school full time, and finally so will I. I will be going to school for something I have dreamed of since I was 6, and I can't wait to have my life apart from my family. I don't judge people who like staying home, but I also don't judge the hard working mommas that for whatever reason need to work or like to. I feel like I have no life aside from these kids and dh, and makes me feel ashamed that I don't want to be home anymore with the kids. But, whatever life has to go on one day they will grow up and leave.

Edit-

WOW! I didn't think this post would blow up like this! I been busy all morning getting kids ready for school, so I did not have time to reply. To the moms saying that it sounds like I do not want to be a mother, trust me I love my children and love being their mother I just do not like being a sahm. I enjoyed it for awhile, now I just don't. I clean all day, I sometimes go out with friends when they are all in school but since the youngest only goes 3 hours I usually have to wait for her to be out to actually go out. Summer we go out to museums, the zoo and different outings. I think it has to do a lot with my personal growth and happiness, I do not think a woman should just be a mother but a woman too. Her own person so to speak, at least that's what I think about myself. Now for the other mothers saying your kids don't bicker or argue, I really do not believe that. I have 4 so its constant arguing over who gets to sit where or who gets the last cookie, I don't let them just argue of coarse I step in. Last to the woman saying, my dream is just a dream I will make sure its not just that and its sad that you think that way.

To all the other replies thanks for all your kind words, they make me feel a lot better. Also, I am going to school for a degree in Veterinary technology, might not be a big deal to most be it is to me.

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 5, 2014 at 7:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 5, 2014 at 7:50 PM

BUMP!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 5, 2014 at 7:51 PM
20 moms liked this
I don't like being a SAHM either. Personally, I feel like there is absolutely no reason for me to be around other than to cook, clean and take care of them. Existing, but not living.
I envy the working moms.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 5, 2014 at 7:52 PM
1 mom liked this

You and me both

Quoting Anonymous: I don't like being a SAHM either. Personally, I feel like there is absolutely no reason for me to be around other than to cook, clean and take care of them. Existing, but not living. I envy the working moms.

sonnyswoman75
by Malisa on Mar. 5, 2014 at 7:52 PM
I think being a SAHM should be a personal choice. I myself before having a job too.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
seraphimsong
by Gold Member on Mar. 5, 2014 at 7:52 PM
2 moms liked this
I love my job. I need to be social!
TiffanyRose06
by Queso<3 on Mar. 5, 2014 at 7:52 PM
It's ok. It's not everyone's perfect life

I was much happier as a sahm than I am working

My mom haaaaaates staying home on the other hand
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 5, 2014 at 7:53 PM
5 moms liked this
Im there with you. Id adore my kids much more if I had adult human contact on a regular basis instead of listening to whining, crying, yelling, and mommy every 2 seconds, and not have to tell a kid a million times to stay out of something.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 5, 2014 at 7:54 PM

I agree, for me it was at the time. I wanted to, but after the years passed, I would tell myself Im going to wait till this one starts school full time, and just went down the line. With my 3rd child I was ready to get out and about but I just felt bad since I stayed with the other two till they went to school, same for the youngest

Quoting sonnyswoman75: I think being a SAHM should be a personal choice. I myself before having a job too.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 5, 2014 at 7:55 PM
2 moms liked this
I am close to the same boat as you. I have days where it's so hard with the fighting but other days I love it because they have good days and we hang out and enjoy eachother. I only have one more year as a sahm. I'm not sure if I should be happy or sad lol. In one more year both kids will go to school full time and I will have time to work somewhere or go back to school myself!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 5, 2014 at 7:55 PM

Exactly I think I could be a much better mother than I am now

Quoting Anonymous: Im there with you. Id adore my kids much more if I had adult human contact on a regular basis instead of listening to whining, crying, yelling, and mommy every 2 seconds, and not have to tell a kid a million times to stay out of something.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)