Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

do you have a 9-11yo who plays baseball?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 50 Replies
We have 4 weeks until my sons first game of the season(i live in a cold weather state) so im starting to get equipment together.

I think i want to surprise him with a new bat. Boy are there lots of options.

Does anyone want to share what your son uses and why he loves that bat?

Oh and incase in the off chance that we have any bat gurus here, i'm planning to keep his size at a -13. So if anyone has any suggestions in a -13, id love to hear it.

Thanks.
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 5, 2014 at 9:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JenJen111
by on Mar. 5, 2014 at 9:51 PM

How tall is your son?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 5, 2014 at 9:56 PM
He's in bed, and im not really sure. He's a ittle taller than he average 10yo.

Why?

Quoting JenJen111:

How tall is your son?

MommyofMGA
by Member on Mar. 5, 2014 at 9:58 PM
My son has an Easton composite bat. Composites can be on the pricey side so not sure what your price range is. They tend to be $200-$300 range.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 5, 2014 at 9:59 PM
Which one? And what does he like about it?

Quoting MommyofMGA: My son has an Easton composite bat. Composites can be on the pricey side so not sure what your price range is. They tend to be $200-$300 range.
soontobemommie3
by Gold Member on Mar. 5, 2014 at 10:02 PM
Composite bats are the way to go. Unfortunately, I wouldn't surprise my boys with a bat. I always take them with me, and let them swing them and try them out.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 5, 2014 at 10:04 PM
B
JenJen111
by on Mar. 5, 2014 at 10:06 PM

My son is taller than average. He's 4'1" at 10 and he has an Easton S2 composite bat. He has both a 28" -10 and a 29" -10.  I asked because you want to have a bat that is size appropriate to the height of your son. You should be able to get this bat in a -13, but I'm not sure. My sons bat ran right about $200

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 5, 2014 at 10:16 PM
I would say my son is closer to 5ft.

He uses a 30/17.

I like the s2, and unless your son is using a senior barrel, i only comes in a -13. Its also not composite.I

My son has an s3, but its a 31/19 so he dosnt use it.

Right now he has the dimarini voodoo, but its been used through the last year(spring rec, aau spring, summer and fall) so i thought it would be nice to get something new

Quoting JenJen111:

My son is taller than average. He's 4'1" at 10 and he has an Easton S2 composite bat. He has both a 28" -10 and a 29" -10.  I asked because you want to have a bat that is size appropriate to the height of your son. You should be able to get this bat in a -13, but I'm not sure. My sons bat ran right about $200

Mom-does-hair
by Gold Member on Mar. 5, 2014 at 10:20 PM
My ds is only 8, and does have a favorite. My reason for responding is my brother played from T-ball-college. Bats are pretty personal. Everyone likes a different feel. He was picky about his glove and his bats. Spent a lot on both. Sometimes letting them pick their own is best.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 5, 2014 at 10:22 PM
Bats can be returned, so im not worried about that. And hes 10 so hes going to love any bat hes holding.

Im really looking to surprise him.

Quoting Mom-does-hair: My ds is only 8, and does have a favorite. My reason for responding is my brother played from T-ball-college. Bats are pretty personal. Everyone likes a different feel. He was picky about his glove and his bats. Spent a lot on both. Sometimes letting them pick their own is best.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN