Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Would you try to have another baby at the age of 37?

Posted by on Mar. 6, 2014 at 2:52 AM
  • 605 Replies
1 mom liked this

Poll

Question: Whats too old to you to have another baby?

Options:

I will have as many as I am gifted

38 is too old

Not too old to me

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 861

View Results

Would you think that is too old to have another?  When that child is 20 you would probably be 58.  In your 60s by the time they got married and probably early 70s by the time you saw your grandchild from them.  Too old??

by on Mar. 6, 2014 at 2:52 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Mar. 6, 2014 at 3:11 AM

Our family lives a long time but my mom had me at 37 and i wouldn't reccomend it, she became disabled shortly after and now she's 63 and no grandchildren (from me, yet) and i'm 25. I do worry i won't have children before she gets too much older, though we are adopting now so hopefully soon.

xredstarsx
by Platinum Member on Mar. 6, 2014 at 3:12 AM
6 moms liked this
I wouldn't do it personally but I started my family young. I think it is a personal choice and if you want a baby then go for it.
AMCMSM
by Gold Member on Mar. 6, 2014 at 3:13 AM
4 moms liked this

I just had my 2nd at 39 and we are done.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 6, 2014 at 3:13 AM
I don't judge others- my dad and his sister both had their youngest children while they were in their 40's- but I just know that I'd be too tired at that time, personally.
Mystic.Falls
by on Mar. 6, 2014 at 3:15 AM
1 mom liked this

Well, it's not far off from how old I am right now. I will be 35 in April. I had my last child when I was 33.

I wouldn't have a child at 40 and beyond but that's just me.

37 would probably be the latest I would have a child...

Halfdeafmommy
by Pure Honesty on Mar. 6, 2014 at 3:15 AM
3 moms liked this

I always told myself I didn't want kids past the age of 25. Thats me personally though.

bowribbonmama
by Ruby Member on Mar. 6, 2014 at 3:16 AM
I wouldn't. My youngest will be 14/15 and my oldest will be 21 at that point in time. Noooooo thanks.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 6, 2014 at 3:20 AM
59 moms liked this
I'm 37 and ttc #2. I'm healthy and financially and emotionally stable and ready for another child. That's what should be important, not age. My grandmothers lived until they were 83 and 84 and my grandfather is 91 and still goes dancing. Our genetics are great and I'm not concerned about being too old for my kids when they're in high school or when they get married. I would've been a horrible parent in my 20's because I was all about myself. I had my first at 33 because the timing felt right. I didn't want to have another child too soon after my DD because I wanted to give her my full attention and to let her be the only child for a while. My mom had 3 kids and she was always frazzled or in a rush or didn't have time to spare for each child so one of us always got favored. It boggles my mind when women on CM say that they wanted to be done having kids by 30. In my opinion, 30 is when women should start having kids.
rfhsure
by beast mode on Mar. 6, 2014 at 3:22 AM
This.

Quoting xredstarsx: I wouldn't do it personally but I started my family young. I think it is a personal choice and if you want a baby then go for it.
aprilsalcro
by Platinum Member on Mar. 6, 2014 at 3:22 AM
This

Quoting Halfdeafmommy:

I always told myself I didn't want kids past the age of 25. Thats me personally though.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN