Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Why must you do this?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 17 Replies
My MIL and FIL seem to always offer my 13 month old dd sips of their drinks and bites off of their food.

I don't like that.

I don't want my daughter sipping after them, I think that's gross.
She sips after me and her dad because we are her parents.
But I cringe when they try to get her to sip after them and then laugh and say "Awww."

That's gross. Eww.

What should I do to get them to stop without sounding like a bitch?
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 6, 2014 at 11:12 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kbutton24
by Mrs.Sima on Mar. 6, 2014 at 11:13 AM
When we go anywhere we bring dd's thermos sippy Cup with us. That way she always has her own. We also only give her water so that helps too.
Smh77
by Bronze Member on Mar. 6, 2014 at 11:16 AM
Agreed. Make sure you bring stuff she loves, therefore she wwon't want theirs. However, do you feel the same way about YOUR parents?
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 6, 2014 at 11:18 AM
I do always have a drink for her. They do it all the time. It pisses me off.
Who just does that to a child that isn't theirs?! lol

Quoting kbutton24: When we go anywhere we bring dd's thermos sippy Cup with us. That way she always has her own. We also only give her water so that helps too.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 6, 2014 at 11:19 AM
Umm, I'm a little confused why my parents are relevant? lol.
I was talking about my in laws.

Quoting Smh77: Agreed. Make sure you bring stuff she loves, therefore she wwon't want theirs. However, do you feel the same way about YOUR parents?
OwlNuggets
by HAIL NUGGY! on Mar. 6, 2014 at 11:19 AM

Reason #587475 I consider myself a laid-back momma.

I have never minded if my daughter shares a drink or food with either set of grandparents. 

kbutton24
by Mrs.Sima on Mar. 6, 2014 at 11:19 AM
Yea that's really gross. I'd say something. Pretty much all of our family know dh and I are crazy about food. Dd is almost 20 months and has never had and sweets other than the vegan choc chip I gave her yesterday for peeing on the potty lol

Quoting Anonymous: I do always have a drink for her. They do it all the time. It pisses me off.

Quoting kbutton24: When we go anywhere we bring dd's thermos sippy Cup with us. That way she always has her own. We also only give her water so that helps too.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 6, 2014 at 11:20 AM

IDK, I've always been a fan of being blunt even if it comes off bitchy. We've had to be this way since our oldest was born because DH and I both have mothers who don't respect boundaries. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 6, 2014 at 11:22 AM
I just find it so nasty. Sharing drinks is kinda a mom and dad thing, in my opinion.
I don't get why they like it when she drinks after them? It doesn't serve any purpose. lol

Quoting Anonymous:

IDK, I've always been a fan of being blunt even if it comes off bitchy. We've had to be this way since our oldest was born because DH and I both have mothers who don't respect boundaries. 

Smh77
by Bronze Member on Mar. 6, 2014 at 11:22 AM
You really can't see the relevance there????
OK, I ask bc maybe you have a bit of an issue with your in-laws all together? Personally I wouldn't like it from either of them..... But im a germ freak! Lol
I don't like my child getting into the habit of drinking after anyone. Maybe you could use that as an excuse? Teaching them not to drink after others?

Quoting Anonymous: Umm, I'm a little confused why my parents are relevant? lol.
I was talking about my in laws.

Quoting Smh77: Agreed. Make sure you bring stuff she loves, therefore she wwon't want theirs. However, do you feel the same way about YOUR parents?
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 6, 2014 at 11:23 AM
1 mom liked this
Yeah I think I'm just gonna say something next time.
And then all Hell will break lose.

Quoting kbutton24: Yea that's really gross. I'd say something. Pretty much all of our family know dh and I are crazy about food. Dd is almost 20 months and has never had and sweets other than the vegan choc chip I gave her yesterday for peeing on the potty lol

Quoting Anonymous: I do always have a drink for her. They do it all the time. It pisses me off.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)