Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I am a SAHM...and do basically nothing

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 164 Replies
3 moms liked this
My "duties" take about 30 minutes a day. I don't really consider cooking as a "duty" because I enjoy it so much. My home is almost always clean, laundry always done. Everyone in our house picks up after themselves, and our kids have chores, as well as are required to be responsible for keeping the upstairs tidy and clean.

Most of the day, while my kids are in school, I just do whatever I want to occupy my time. I read, play on cm, hang out with my husband, go down to the bar and play in 3 ball tournaments with the old men, go shopping, have lunch with friends, whatever sounds good at the time.

For me, being a SAHM is not hard, nor even close to a lot of work lol. I wouldn't change it for the world, and am thankful that my husband provides this life for us.
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 6, 2014 at 12:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
almondpigeon
by Ruby Member on Mar. 6, 2014 at 12:04 PM

i am so incredibly jealous!  right now, i'm spazzing out because i don't think there will be enough time to finish everything before we need to get ready for karate (i'm only on here because the baby is nursing).  there aren't enough hours in the day for me. 

wanna come over & help out?

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 6, 2014 at 12:05 PM
1 mom liked this

I doubt your house is that clean if you only spend 30 minutes on it  a day!

notjstasocermom
by Ruby Member on Mar. 6, 2014 at 12:05 PM
Ok
lalaboosh
by on Mar. 6, 2014 at 12:06 PM
3 moms liked this
I'm looking forward to the day my kids pick up after themselves. I also look forward to the day that I have enough storage. Lol.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 6, 2014 at 12:06 PM
Yeah that sounds about right. Such a hard job huh?
cntrdmom
by Ruby Member on Mar. 6, 2014 at 12:06 PM
Sweet. Good for you!
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 6, 2014 at 12:07 PM
1 mom liked this
When everyone picks up after themselves, it only takes a little bit a day to maintain it. Lol. A room a day. No sweat.

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 6, 2014 at 12:07 PM
4 moms liked this
If you pick up as you go on a daily basis, you can easily clean your house in 30 minutes.

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
1 mom liked this

It takes me more than 30 mintues just to catch up on laundry each day. 

Anonymous

I've been a work at home mom sicne my first was born in 2000) and now I have been single since 2007)

I love being here when I get them on the bus, off the bus and any time they are home. We are not rich but we are healthy and happy and that's what counts.

I feel each family has to do what is best for them. but you are lucky to be provided for that you don't have to work. and smart enough to be thankful for it!  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)