Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Today my mom apologized for ruining my education

Posted by on Mar. 6, 2014 at 12:21 PM
  • 2 Replies
1 mom liked this
And I had no idea what to say to that. I felt really bad that she was upset, but glad to finally hear her acknowledge that she had done something wrong. She has spent a lot of time blaming the school system, which wasn't good, but she had a huge part in it.

We moved around a lot, and after falling so far behind that I was in danger of not graduating, I took it upon myself to find an alternative school where I was doing really well. Like back to graduating on time well, making up a lot of credits, doing a lot of extra work. But then we moved and my parents wouldn't allow me to attend the local high school. I don't know why, but they were just done with my high school career. I got my GED the year I was supposed to graduate and started college. I didn't finish then, but went back right before I turned 25 and am still there working on it.

I'm sorry she's sad about it now though, there's really no sense dwelling on it, I've moved on and know to do better for my own kids.

No real point to this post, just babbling lol.
by on Mar. 6, 2014 at 12:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
o.0
by Silver Member on Mar. 6, 2014 at 12:25 PM

We all, as mothers, have done things we aren't proud of, or that we regret.  (Imagined or not).  My mom wasn't the perfect mom, but looking back, she did the best she could with what she was taught.  I'm glad your mom apologized.

iheartmiboys
by Silver Member on Mar. 6, 2014 at 12:28 PM
1 mom liked this

Good for you. My dad pretty much gave up on me and started telling all my friends I wasn't going to graduate on time and saying I needed help. Its funny how much he knew nothing about. The only time he was at my high school was to sign me in. Well long story short I moved out and continued high school with A's, B's and some C's thrown in there and passed all state exams and picked up my captain and gown and walked the stage. I gave him and that bitch of a stepmom tickets to my graduation. Of course no shows. My mother and family came from a different state to come. and he could drive 15 minutes up the street. Of well my life is good thanks to God. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)