Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

*Edit* Double stroller suggestions that can fit a large 4 year old?

Posted by on Mar. 6, 2014 at 1:48 PM
  • 130 Replies

And yes, I want a stroller for my 4 year old and 2 year old. Yes, my four year old walks plenty (because I know someone is going to tell me he is too old for a stroller) but I also have a DD12 and DS9 that have way more stamina. During the summer we go on hikes and go to fairs quite a bit. It's too much walking for the 4 year old to do.

Now, the 4yo and 2yo are both tall. The youngest can no longer fit into the seat of my Sit and Stand stroller. Does anyone have any suggestions? I'd like it to be one stroller rather than buying two single strollers.

TIA

I'm amused that this turned out to be such a polarizing post. Thanks to everyone who gave suggestions. I've been hanging around CL in hopes of finding a good price on a high end model like so many have suggested.

by on Mar. 6, 2014 at 1:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
articmom
by IceQueen on Mar. 6, 2014 at 1:51 PM
City mini double , mine is a hand me down from my 5 year old twin brothers . They where both 40 lbs and riding in it comfortably when I talked my mom into giving it to me .
mem82
by Platinum Member on Mar. 6, 2014 at 1:53 PM

To Amazon I go! thx

Quoting articmom: City mini double , mine is a hand me down from my 5 year old twin brothers . They where both 40 lbs and riding in it comfortably when I talked my mom into giving it to me .

mem82
by Platinum Member on Mar. 6, 2014 at 1:55 PM

Wow! That's a nice stroller but I can't justify spending $500 bucks on a stroller I probably won't need in 2 years. Then, again, maybe if I buy it, I'll just have another kid to get my money worth out of it.

Blueliner
by Platinum Member on Mar. 6, 2014 at 1:55 PM

Phil and Teds Vibe

Blueliner
by Platinum Member on Mar. 6, 2014 at 1:57 PM
1 mom liked this

Nevermind my pick then,it's like 2x that! The weight limit on the front seat is 85lbs though!

Quoting mem82:

Wow! That's a nice stroller but I can't justify spending $500 bucks on a stroller I probably won't need in 2 years. Then, again, maybe if I buy it, I'll just have another kid to get my money worth out of it.

Nichole0403
by Silver Member on Mar. 6, 2014 at 1:57 PM

I have the Graco sit and stand, it fits my 2 and 5 year old just fine.

mem82
by Platinum Member on Mar. 6, 2014 at 1:57 PM

Thanks but it's too small.

Quoting Blueliner:

Phil and Teds Vibe

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Mar. 6, 2014 at 1:57 PM

Quoting mem82:

Use it for 2 years, sell for maybe $150 (depending on what the price of them new is at that time.) Win/win??

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 6, 2014 at 1:57 PM
3 moms liked this
Why not use one of the red wagons? I dont remember what the technical name is for them. But it will be better then shoving a large child into a stroller.
mem82
by Platinum Member on Mar. 6, 2014 at 1:58 PM

That's good. My kids are both very tall so sometimes finding things that take that into account can be hard.

Quoting Nichole0403:

I have the sit and stand, it fits my 2 and 5 year old just fine.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN