Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

my ex's wife was arrested for kidnapping my daughter

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Poll

Question: Do you think jail time is too harsh for his wife?

Options:

yes

no

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 651

View Results

my ex asked me if he and his wife could take our 8 year old daughter out of state for a wedding for his wife's cousin. They would be leaving Wednesday afternoon and driving through three states. I told him no because she's already missed a lot of school this year due to illness and this would mean she would have to be checked out early on Wednesday and miss Thursday and Friday. I feel that is too much school to miss for people who she has never even met and have nothing to do with her. yesterday afternoon I picked her up after school as I usually do but she wasn't there. I parked and went to the office and they looked into the records and found out she had been checked out just before lunch by her father who by the way isn't allowed to pick her up it's specifically put in our court order because during school hours wouldn't be during his time anyway. I called my ex and he said that he was at work. He said he picked her up and had his wife take her to the wedding. The plan apparently was for him to fly up on Friday evening. I called his wife 3 times and left three different voicemails saying that she needed to turn around and bring my daughter back immediately she did not answer. So now I knew that his wife, who has no legal rights to her, was traveling with my child out of state and refusung to take my calls so naturally I called the police. They were found within the hour and she was arrested for kidnapping because that's what she did. I believe she is also going the charged with taking a minor over state lines because again that's what she did.I have been told that she will likely do some jail time up to a few years. At this point it's out of my hands anyway so it's not like it's even up to me to drop charges but I think she got what she deserved she knew she wasn't supposed to take my daughter out of state and she did it anyway and while I think honestly my e should be in more trouble than she is I don't feel bad for her. I'm also going to take my ex to court to adjust visitation since he violated the court order by picking her up. also since I have right of first refusal she shouldn't even be alone with my daughterunless I am first called and asked if I can take her. a lot of people know about the situation because the second I realize she was missing the first thing I did was put it on Facebook and ask everyone to share because at that point I wasn't even sure that she was actually with my ex for his wife for all I knew some man came up and said he wa her dad and Took her. most people I talk to are very supportive and think that his wife is getting what she deserves but I have gotten a few people who got a little bit nasty about it saying that I should ask the courts for leniency for her and that its unfair for her to do jail. I really am not inclined to do so but I was just kind of wondering what some of you ladies think
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 6, 2014 at 2:20 PM
Replies (41-50):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 10 on Mar. 6, 2014 at 2:37 PM
1 mom liked this

My kids school NEVER asks for identification when my husband or I pick up the kids early. They did not ask my dad for identification when he picked my kids up early either. The only thing we had to do was sign a piece of paper to get them out of class.

Quoting mjgm1966:

First, a school would not release a child without proper identification from the adult.  So, you had to know it was her father who picked her up.  And couldn't it possibly be that your ex told his wife it was ok to pick her up and take her?  Her phone could have been in her purse, and she unable to answer it.  Did you tell your ex you were going to report her as kidnapped?  I would think having her arrested in front of your daughter would be tramatic for your daughter.  I personally think it could have been resolved more peaceably--if only for the sake of  your daughter.

newmom121812
by Gold Member on Mar. 6, 2014 at 2:38 PM
She got what she deserves. She doesnt deserve any less. Especially for not answering your calls
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
FreedomTruth
by Member on Mar. 6, 2014 at 2:38 PM

I would have called the cops as well and told my ex I was calling the cops. However, since the dad picked the child up from school and gave the sm the okay I do not believe the sm should go to jail. I do believe charges need to be brought up on your ex however for kidnapping and he should go to jail. I also think I would be taking this to Court immediately to restrict his visitation. Honestly though I would not care what happened to either of them legally nor try to stop what is happening to them.

thenameshailie
by Emerald Member on Mar. 6, 2014 at 2:39 PM

She knew there was a wedding. Im not saying that it was the right thing to do, but it is not worthy of spending years in prison. She knew where her dd was and that she would be back. She should have taken her ex back to court for contempt of the custody order and handled it that way. 

Quoting wickedfiress:

Quoting thenameshailie:

If it is anyones fault it would be the school and your ex. That is so cunty and a waste of law enforcement and court time when you knew very well that your daughter wasnt in any danger.

How does she know there even was a wedding? She in NO WAY wasted anyone's time. 

Cmgmqmmom
by Ruby Member on Mar. 6, 2014 at 2:39 PM
Well, unless you told this woman she couldn't do it, I would be concerned your ex told her it was okay and allowed.
Now, if you did tell her personally and she still did it, then she deserves what she gets.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 11 on Mar. 6, 2014 at 2:40 PM

She kidnapped your DD.  

Also, is it in your DD's records at school that her dad isn't supposed to pick her up?  

Miranda1127
by Platinum Member on Mar. 6, 2014 at 2:40 PM

she may not be. She may have known very well what she was doing. But that's going to have to be proven. All she really has to do is say she had no clue dad wasn't allowed to give her permission...that and a decent enough lawyer. The fact of the matter is ....custody orders are between parents. It's not sm's responsibility to determine who can or can not take the child on 'vacation'.

Quoting o.0:

My thoughts, too.  Maybe your ex told her you changed your mind and told him it was ok to take her?  I think the sm is the innocent one in this situation.

Quoting Miranda1127:

hmmm...I'm pretty sure she can't be charged w/kidnapping if she had parental permission to take the child. And according to you she did, she had the girls dads permission. The rest is between you and your ex.

The Hat Rack!!                             Home of hand made novelty hats!       

NataliaLinny
by Member on Mar. 6, 2014 at 2:40 PM
I don't even know what a troll is. But I would be so f'kin pissed off I would let her ass sit in a cell
Schauseil
by Gold Member on Mar. 6, 2014 at 2:41 PM
2 moms liked this
These were my thoughts exactly. You are ruining this poor woman's life over basically nothing. Women like you just... *vomit*

Quoting thenameshailie:

If it is anyones fault it would be the school and your ex. That is so cunty and a waste of law enforcement and court time when you knew very well that your daughter wasnt in any danger.

LizzieAnnesMom
by ☆Mrs.Winchester☆ on Mar. 6, 2014 at 2:41 PM
This.

Quoting ff-princess:

no, you don't take my child from school after being expressly told not to, then transport her over state lines (again, against what you were told), and waltz off with a slap on the wrist. 

and I certainly hope you addressed with the school that her father is not on the authorized pickup list and provide them with a copy of the court order.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN