Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

confront him or leave it alone? (very long)

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 117 Replies
i found out my SO lied to me about a large amount of money....he works\pays the bills. by my calculations we should have about 1500 in the bank, plus he gets paid tomorrow. i asked him a few days ago how much we had...he said 500..thought this was low, but let it go, it is afterall his account. today i had a personal bill that needed to be paid that he has known about for months, its always due the 1st thursday of the month and he has always paid it. today he magically misplaced his debit card before work and will have to order a new one....i got nosey and called the 24 hour line, entered his info....we have 2 dollars in the bank...not 500...and like i said by my calculation we SHOULD have really had about 1500. i listened to a months worth of transactions, all debit card purchases for 28 dollars, 44 dollars 65 dollars, just random amounts. it doesnt say where the card was swiped at though, just the amount and date. there was also one check written for 940.00...once again it does not say to where\who just the check number, amount, and date it cleared. also, his paycheck her gets tomorrow is pending deposit, its only 266.00 for TWO weeks...and he makes 10 an hour. thats about half what they normally are give or take a little for tax varience...yet for that pay period he was still "at work" his normal hours, which obviously isnt true. one friend says i cant say anything because im not wworking and as long as bills are paid and we have what we need (groceries, household items) that i hve no right to say anything. another friend says i absolutely should confront him, for 1 he lied about 500 in the bank, he has lied about where he has been spending time(obviously not at work) and even though he is the only one working, being that we have been together 2 years, and living together since i got pregnant i have every right to be aware of finances and ask questions. and because people will ask, we have been together 2 years, i moved in last may when we found out we were pregnant. our dd is now almost 2 weeks old. we had discussed me being a SAHM the first year but in light of new information i am not sure that will work out. i would be interested in your opinions.
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 6, 2014 at 2:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 6, 2014 at 2:42 PM
bump
-42-
by Platinum Member on Mar. 6, 2014 at 2:44 PM
2 moms liked this
If you look at the online statement, sometimes it will say where it was used.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 6, 2014 at 2:47 PM
1 mom liked this
oh no boo boo
that is too much missing money
somebody is being shady
LEAVE
curvygurl1912
by Renee on Mar. 6, 2014 at 2:47 PM
2 moms liked this
I would confront him, while I was packing my shit. I would not be in a relationship with a shady motherfucker like that.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 6, 2014 at 2:47 PM
2 moms liked this

He is obviously cheating.

Rhodin
by Gold Member on Mar. 6, 2014 at 2:48 PM
1 mom liked this
At my bank, you can view pics of cancelled checks online, too. 940 is a fairly specific large amount of money.
silverdawn99
by Ruby Member on Mar. 6, 2014 at 2:48 PM
Confront him
littlesippycup
by Ruby Member on Mar. 6, 2014 at 2:48 PM
Wtf?!? Good luck :(
Nicoleb9
by Emerald Member on Mar. 6, 2014 at 2:50 PM
1 mom liked this
Someone's not been working a full 40 hours...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
arizbet22
by Yetta on Mar. 6, 2014 at 2:52 PM
1 mom liked this

Sounds fishy to me.  You dont get any statements?  Online banking? 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)