Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My dd was suspended and I'm not mad:

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 95 Replies
She posted a picture of her and friend on Facebook. In the picture they had balloons in their shirts, making it look like they had huge boobs. Obviously they were just being weird teenagers lol but it landed them both with a 2 day suspension.

I should add, they go to a private Christian school so that's why they are more strict. It says in the handbook that they can suspend for social network stuff inappropriateness but come on now. They are just being petty IMO. Either way, it's just 2 days so I'm not going to cause any type of scene. They are just accepting the consequences and now they know to take the rules at school more seriously!
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 6, 2014 at 3:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 6, 2014 at 3:18 PM

Who reported them?

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 6, 2014 at 3:20 PM
I don't know specifically. I'm guessing it was one of the teachers who is friends with some of the students. Dd isn't friends with any of them but I know many other students are.

Quoting Anonymous:

Who reported them?

momto2boys973
by Ruby Member on Mar. 6, 2014 at 3:21 PM
2 moms liked this

Well, why would you send your daughter to a private Christian school if you don't share those values?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 6, 2014 at 3:21 PM
Yes, the school is being quite ridiculous.. I'm glad you're not punishing her! She was just having fun.. Did you talk to anyone from the school?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 6, 2014 at 3:22 PM

Well, it did say in the handbook that they can suspend for social network stuff inappropriateness. And what the girls did was inappropriate, according to the school. I am not a fan of religious schools, as you can see, they need to lighten up a bit.

Jessy76
by Gold Member on Mar. 6, 2014 at 3:23 PM

I would be thrilled if I were your DD. Seems to me like the school rewarded them not punished.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 6, 2014 at 3:24 PM

I guess your dd doesn't have the Christian values you wanted her to have, if she's putting balloons in her shirt and pretending to have big boobs. Doesn't sound very Christian to me.

Rhodin
by Gold Member on Mar. 6, 2014 at 3:24 PM
If I had to guess, the private school is probably nicer or more academically rigorous than the nearest public school.

Quoting momto2boys973:

Well, why would you send your daughter to a private Christian school if you don't share those values?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 6, 2014 at 3:24 PM

Were they in school uniform?  Were they at school?  If not..I think the school was out of line

Ricanmami88
by Silver Member on Mar. 6, 2014 at 3:24 PM
Yea they need to lighten up.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)