Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My complaints about work today!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 52 Replies

First off I am not one to complain much about my job but its been bad today.  I work at Walmart as a cashier and actually love my store and 95% of the customers.  But today for whatever reason I am at my limit with people. So here are my complaints:

First I am not a mind reader.  When the debit machine asks if you want cash back don't look blankly back at me like I have the answer to the question. I have no clue if you need money or not.  And don't get mad at me if after staring blankly at me for a significant amount of time if I ask you to hit yes or no.....

Also on this note:  I bag alot of groceries everyday.  Everyone wants things done different, don't' yell at me because I didn't think to bag your 12 pk of soda.  Been there almost 4 years and have never had anyone ask me to do so, nor thought to ask.  Please don't get irratatd with me when I ask if you want your water, laundry soap or other bigger bottles bagged.  I am asking what you want to help you.  Not everyone wants them in bags.     And for the complainers about bagging  I normally bag my stuff light unless asked to make heavy.  Eggs and bread go together, frozen goods and cold food, produce, meat, dry goods for foods, and then non food items together.  I am not a crappy bagger.

If the light is off we are closed.  If the light is off and the closed sign is up,  the lane is closed.  If the light is off, sign is up, and  I have the drawer out I am closed.  Its not hard to figure out!

I know there is not enough cashiers trust me I have brought this up multiple times to my managers already and as you can see nothing is changing.  Yelling at me is not going to change anything I do not hire people nor make schedules. Trust me if I did things would work differently.

Lastly  If you are beating your kid in the bathroom, I am talking pants pulled down with a belt (as today).  Of course we are going to call the cops on you. Thankfully you were stupid enough to do this in person so it could be stopped.  And your an idiot if you think we should have  given you a warning that they are on the way so you can leave.  Don't want to get caught for your abusive behavior, don't do it in public! But thankfully now, hopefully you will get help and your children's life will be better.

I know I will get bashed fo rthis but oh well.  Better to let off steam on here then at home!

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 6, 2014 at 3:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bluebunnybabe
by Ruby Member on Mar. 6, 2014 at 3:37 PM
1 mom liked this
Sorry you had a rough day.
LokisMama
by Platinum Member on Mar. 6, 2014 at 3:42 PM
Sucks.

I went through all of that and morr working for Wal-Mart. ..

We would have people swipe beer off the floor, take it to the restroom and try to drink an entire 6 pack before they got caught.

People constantly threatened physical violence. One lady went so far as to follow my comanager into the restroom and climb under the stall door to get at her.

Sorry you had a shitty day. Hope it's better for you tomorrow. :-)
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 6, 2014 at 4:10 PM

Thank you.  I normally can laugh it off but to ugh.  Last week our 80year old door greater asked a guy to see his receopt because he didn't have stuff bagged.  He started screaming obsenly (is that even a word lol) at her beause of this.  Looked like he was about to hit her, thankfully a manager got over there at this time.  Customer then shoved him and walked out.  By this you would think the guy was stealing something right.  Nope he came back in with the receipt to show the manager and get his stuff. Well guess who was also waiting for him?  The police.  NOw he is getting charged with assult all becasue he was asked for a receipt.

Quoting LokisMama: Sucks. I went through all of that and morr working for Wal-Mart. .. We would have people swipe beer off the floor, take it to the restroom and try to drink an entire 6 pack before they got caught. People constantly threatened physical violence. One lady went so far as to follow my comanager into the restroom and climb under the stall door to get at her. Sorry you had a shitty day. Hope it's better for you tomorrow. :-)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 6, 2014 at 4:15 PM
1 mom liked this

I am sorry you had a bad day!  I have super respect for Walmart cashiers.  Well, except the one that started to pile my groceries on the floor because my cart was full of pillows.  (another cart was right by her)  Now that peed me off.  Oh and the time the one asked me why I was buying so many groceries at once.......I explained I had company coming from out of town and I was cooking a huge dinner.  So she asked me where I got the cash to feed them all...........Anyway, I hope your day gets better:)

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 6, 2014 at 4:18 PM
1 mom liked this

Thank you.  I need a glass of wine tonight and sadly none to drink! :(

Quoting bluebunnybabe: Sorry you had a rough day.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 6, 2014 at 4:21 PM
1 mom liked this

WHy would she ask you how you got your money to pay? Thats rude.   I probably would have said where is the party and what time will the food be done. LOL  Usually starts conversations.    I have had to do the bags on the floor but there was no carts around. but i try to fill the console as much as can before doing so.  Those are the times I am thankfull people leave their cards by the wall!  Thank you :)

Quoting Anonym ous:

I am sorry you had a bad day!  I have super respect for Walmart cashiers.  Well, except the one that started to pile my groceries on the floor because my cart was full of pillows.  (another cart was right by her)  Now that peed me off.  Oh and the time the one asked me why I was buying so many groceries at once.......I explained I had company coming from out of town and I was cooking a huge dinner.  So she asked me where I got the cash to feed them all...........Anyway, I hope your day gets better:)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 6, 2014 at 4:35 PM
Gotta love retail
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 6, 2014 at 4:40 PM
1 mom liked this
Yep lol. I am shocked there hasn't been a you need to find a new job comment yet.

Quoting Anonymous: Gotta love retail
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 6, 2014 at 4:41 PM
I work retail too cell phones ! It sucks

Quoting Anonymous: Yep lol. I am shocked there hasn't been a you need to find a new job comment yet.

Quoting Anonymous: Gotta love retail
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 6, 2014 at 4:44 PM
Walmart attracts crappy people sometimes. I can't even go in one anymore.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)