Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

You're racist!

Posted by on Mar. 6, 2014 at 4:04 PM
  • 72 Replies

This woman from my work is SUPER racist. It's frustrating, annoying and sometimes embarrassing.  When I first started she looked at my time card and was like, "You're last name is Torres? You don't look spanish, so I'm assuming your husband is." I told her that he was Puerto Rican. Her response? "Careful, all Puerto Ricans have mistresses."

Last month a new woman started working there, and she would bring her husband and kids to volunteer. She's Puerto Rican as well. One day my new co-worker was speaking to her husband in spanish. When all of sudden Miss Racist freaks out and starts cussing at them and saying that speaking spanish in a place of employment is rude. 

Now today takes the cake. I'm doing a lead line class, and one of my students is black little girl. Her father is watching, and is minding his own business. Out of the corner of my eye I see Miss Racist walking towards him. I panick a little...I know nothing good is going to come of it. 

So I hear her say, "Oh, how is your daughter liking the class?" He assures her that she likes it very much. She asks if his daughter is planning on joining the jumping team. He says she is, in a year when she has more time under her belt. Miss Racist says, "Oh that's good. At least you'll have more time to save money for it. Those classes are super expensive, and I know how your kind struggles with money."

Now I didn't hear much else except him nearly yelling that he is an investment banker and makes more than she could imagine. Then he stormed into my boss's office. Now, I am wondering if she will still have her job tomorrow...I hope not.

by on Mar. 6, 2014 at 4:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mrs.Torres2566
by Mrs.T on Mar. 6, 2014 at 4:11 PM

BUMP!

Mrs.Torres2566
by Mrs.T on Mar. 6, 2014 at 4:12 PM

BUMP!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Mar. 6, 2014 at 4:14 PM
Lol!!! How rude! I would of told her, her sh!t too! Let us know if she no longer works there!
destiny3513
by Silver Member on Mar. 6, 2014 at 4:15 PM

Wow, that's rude. 

Mrs.Torres2566
by Mrs.T on Mar. 6, 2014 at 4:15 PM

I will find out in the morning. I am hoping she FINALLY gets fired.

Quoting Anonymous: Lol!!! How rude! I would of told her, her sh!t too! Let us know if she no longer works there!

AZHOTMOM
by Platinum Member on Mar. 6, 2014 at 4:16 PM

Holy fuck, what a bitch.

Heisenberg
by on Mar. 6, 2014 at 4:17 PM
1 mom liked this

Why hasn't she been reprimanded for this?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 6, 2014 at 4:17 PM

You also need to back him (the customer) up to your boss and get her ARSE outta there STAT.

Mrs.Torres2566
by Mrs.T on Mar. 6, 2014 at 4:17 PM
1 mom liked this

Extremely, and she is always like that. She also is very vocal on her opinion of being gay, step parents, sex before marriage...I am a step mother to 3 boys, one of which is gay. And DH and I lived together before we were married. Every day it takes all I have NOT to strangle her.

Quoting destiny3513:

Wow, that's rude. 

mimi0815
by Mimmie on Mar. 6, 2014 at 4:17 PM
Gracious is she looking to get fired or get her ass beat? She's got some serious issues.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)