Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I could KILL Him!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 44 Replies

So my mother passed away recently. I went down to FL for two weeks to help my dad plan the funeral and take care of her business. I took my two younger kids (3 and 5 months) but the two older kids (7 and 5) stayed with my husband so that they didn't miss school. Hubby and the kids flew down for the funeral but they only stayed for that weekend. I asked my husband to PLEASE keep the house cleaned and the laundry washed while I was gone. 

So, after all of the crap I have been through with my mother passing away and dealing with her lawyer and an 18 hour drive home with two babies, I come home this afternoon, expecting to find a clean house. Instead, there are dishes piled all over the counters and in the sink, pizza and take out boxes on the table, the trash is running over, and there are two full trash bags on the front porch (because apparently it was too much to walk an extra six feet to the dumpster, which was full because SOMEONE forgot to take it to the street), trash on the floor, piles of dirty laundry in the laundry room, toys everywhere, and the kids have not had a bath in three days. I am so furious that I could have killed him. He promised me that he would keep the house clean. He whined about work and the kids and not having time to clean the house but guess what? I work a full time job and raise four kids and keep the house clean. Don't tell me about "not enough time". I still manage it. He came home from work and parked his ass in front of the TV like he always does. He then told me that he put my oldest, my FUCKING SEVEN YEAR OLD, in charge of keeping the house clean! WTF is wrong with him? He really expects a SEVEN YEAR OLD to keep the house clean when he can't even do it? She has chores (which were the only things that got done) but keeping the house clean was his job! Not hers!

I'm seriously so mad that I can't see straight. I refuse to clean the house so the kids and the dog and I are spending a few days in a hotel because I am not sleeping, or making my kids sleep, in that nasty house. Tomorrow is his day off and he is going to clean this shit up. I've had enough to deal with. 

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 6, 2014 at 8:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
20Keller12
by Gold Member on Mar. 6, 2014 at 8:25 PM
5 moms liked this
Oh I would have been livid. Stick to your guns!
momoftwogirl55
by Platinum Member on Mar. 6, 2014 at 8:26 PM
Stick to your guns! I'm sorry for your loss.
bustybee
by Buzz Lightyear on Mar. 6, 2014 at 8:27 PM

I don't blame you..... Just make sure that if you DO kill him to hide the body really good!

meaganmac
by Gold Member on Mar. 6, 2014 at 8:27 PM
I so feel for you! Back in May of last year my grandma was dying and so my mom, my kids and I drove (a 2-day drive, btw) to go be with her and my grandpa. We were gone for 2 weeks and DH had NO kids at home with him. The house was so disgusting when I got home I wouldn't even take my shoes off to walk in. After having driven straight through the night, I left my kids with my mom and cleaned all day long.

I'm really sorry for your loss. Kick your husband's ass (I know I did)!
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 6, 2014 at 8:28 PM
11 moms liked this

Quoting 20Keller12: Oh I would have been livid. Stick to your guns!

Oh I am. My 5 year old asked if we were getting divorced and my 7 year old told her "I think mommy may just kill daddy and save herself some paperwork."

MaryJarrett
by Gold Member on Mar. 6, 2014 at 8:29 PM
1 mom liked this
Husband's are the worse children ever. I would be livid.
Okie-chick
by Platinum Member on Mar. 6, 2014 at 8:29 PM
1 mom liked this
Flick him in the balls and make his ass clean like he already should have done!
curvygurl1912
by Renee on Mar. 6, 2014 at 8:30 PM
1 mom liked this

You get it girl. This is so refreshing to read compared to all of the "he treats me like shit, should I leave?" posts.

corasmom
by Bronze Member on Mar. 6, 2014 at 8:30 PM

Sorry, OP. I would be angry too. It isn't like you asked him to walk on the moon, you asked him to take care of the basic things that make a family function. 

Good for you making him clean it up. 

Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Mar. 6, 2014 at 8:31 PM
I WOULD kill him.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)