Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

SO pissed at the School right now!! **UPDATE**

Posted by on Mar. 6, 2014 at 11:32 PM
  • 134 Replies
2 moms liked this

My middle DD is 5.5 and in Kindergarten. she is allergic to pineapple, has been since I can remember. She came home from school today not feeling good, and complained of her stomach hurting repeatedly. I didn't force her to eat dinner, so she ate very little. Next thing I knew, she was puking everywhere; big chunks of fruit, and pineapple!! When I started asking about it, she said the lunch-lady told her she had to eat it, that she had no allergy. First off, DD's name is at the VERY TOP of the posted allergy list in the gym/cafeteria b/c our last name starts with A. Second, DD tried to tell her she could eat pineapple, and the lady didn't listen. BUT, here's the real killer for me: The school's lunch stuff is computerized, and an alert comes up when DD goes thru the line, listing her allergy, and the lunch-lady behind the register is to check DD's tray, and usually they give her applesauce and not fruit salad. I am pissed!! I have been cleaning up/dealing with puke and diarrhea since 5pm!! I am going into the school tomorrow and talking to someone when I drop off my other DD. Pretty mad right now... This isn't acceptable!! 

Sorry ladies, I have been sick, so I didn't read all replies yet. My husband told the school what happened on Friday, and the principal said they were really sorry and would look into it, which they did. The held meetings with all thet caferteria workers, volenteers, and the girl guides(5th thru 12th grade girls who help supervise the K and 1st graders). This is what happened: The lunch lady that day had 3 girl guide helpers helping her. They encourage ALL students, especially the younger ones, to eat everything on their plates. DD had left the fruit once she realized it had pineapple, but had already eaten a little before she realized it was in there. The girl guide repeatedly told DD to eat it and she was afraid to speak up. Also, DD's name was on the allergy list, but her picture had fallen off, so even if the list had been checked, DD wouldn't have been recognized as being on the list unless asked her name. When DD told the guide she was allergic, the guide, a HS Jr, had told DD she wasn't on the list. Everyone felt badly, and the school went over the guidelines again with everyone. I really felt bad too, maybe I didn't really get the point across to DD well that this is serious, and she will get sick every time. We are working on that. 

In one of my replies, I had mentioned the last time this happened, and was questioned about whose fault it was then, it was mine. We didn't know DD was allergic til she was 3, and ate pineapple upside down cake at a family reunion. She got really dehydrated and we ended up in the ER.

Lilypie - (1vbZ)

by on Mar. 6, 2014 at 11:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
WishingAway
by Bronze Member on Mar. 6, 2014 at 11:33 PM
3 moms liked this
I'd be pissed too. Hope she feels better soon.
greenlove2013
by Platinum Member on Mar. 6, 2014 at 11:34 PM
1 mom liked this
Wow I would demand she be fired
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 6, 2014 at 11:35 PM
Yeah, that's not ok. Good luck!
leksismommy
by Platinum Member on Mar. 6, 2014 at 11:36 PM
2 moms liked this
Poor kid. Tell dd not to eat pineapple no matter what ANYONE says.

My DD is like that with peaches.
crescentstar2
by Anne on Mar. 6, 2014 at 11:36 PM
Poor thing :( pineapple always makes my mouth itch, I don't eat it
DarksMama
by Gold Member on Mar. 6, 2014 at 11:36 PM
6 moms liked this

I'd have that bitch's job. And likely her head on a pike while I'm at it.

An0nym0use
by Rock Lobster on Mar. 6, 2014 at 11:36 PM
2 moms liked this
Holy shit. I would be out for blood. I am kind of seeing red for you right now.
Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Mar. 6, 2014 at 11:36 PM
4 moms liked this

WHOAAAAAA

That is crazy and dangerous. I would file a formal complaint against that Twat waffle

Hope your DD feels better soon

Jamie1972
by Ruby Member on Mar. 6, 2014 at 11:37 PM

Someone didn't do her job today. That is unacceptable. 

AmyBarr10
by Bronze Member on Mar. 6, 2014 at 11:37 PM
Yea id be pissed off too! It could be alot worse than vomiting and that would have been their fault....id definitely throw a bitch fit at them .....good luck hope she feels better!!! :-)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)