Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Think I'm going to have to stop play dates with my best friends child

Posted by on Mar. 7, 2014 at 12:12 AM
  • 111 Replies
1 mom liked this
My best friends daughter is 2 and a half and my daughter is one year older. My friends dd lashes out if she doesn't get her own way, she rips handfuls of hair out of dds head, she looks people dead in the eye and starts hitting (she even tried this with me) the other day my dd was just standing there playing with a toy and friends dd tries to snatch it and my dd says no after me, so the little girls lines her up and starts hitting out at dds face and throws a tantrum, now what did it for me is my friend walks over while I am trying to negotiate with the girls and my friend glares at my dd snatches the from her and hands it to her dd, my dd let out this big disappointed cry and her face dropped, she was confused, my dd is the oldest of three children and I've taught them the rules of sharing. Other things are this girl has jumped on top of my dd and even hit and kicked her. I don't know how to confront my friend about this or if I even should but I feel as though because my dd is older she gets the blame and because hers is younger I get the "she's just learning" but I've had a gut full of it. But I think sometimes I'm over reacting. I dunno
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 7, 2014 at 12:12 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
djg0622
by Silver Member on Mar. 7, 2014 at 12:16 AM
2 moms liked this
I would agree on not being around them anymore. It would take everything in power to keep from popping her butt. Mama bear mode. I would wonder where she is seeing some of that behavior though.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Mar. 7, 2014 at 12:19 AM
I wouldnt be having play dates anymore. Good luck.
lovelove211
by Platinum Member on Mar. 7, 2014 at 12:20 AM
The look on the child's face when she lashes out at ppl makes me think "you little brat" and all my friend does is " oh no no we don't do that" on a really calm voice and my daughter is usually upset. My daughter knows I don't tolerate that behaviour from her or her siblings and looks confused

Quoting djg0622: I would agree on not being around them anymore. It would take everything in power to keep from popping her butt. Mama bear mode. I would wonder where she is seeing some of that behavior though.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
thefiregoddess
by MotherDucker on Mar. 7, 2014 at 12:20 AM
Yep no play dates
jenesis509
by Silver Member on Mar. 7, 2014 at 12:21 AM
No my DD is almost 2 and k ows how to share! If she acted that way shed be in a butt load of trouble. Tell your friend you won't do play dates anymore till her child doesn't throw tantrums like that anymore.
Sparklepants747
by Queen Annie on Mar. 7, 2014 at 12:22 AM

No more play dates. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 7, 2014 at 12:22 AM

I couldn't be friends who a parent like that.

GhettoKoolAide
by Lighthouse Blues on Mar. 7, 2014 at 12:22 AM
I couldn't be friends with such a shitty parent.
SithMom71
by Silver Member on Mar. 7, 2014 at 12:23 AM
4 moms liked this

I would have snatched the toy back, handed it to my child and told my friend to get herself and my child out of my house. But then, I wouldn't have let it get that far. First time the kid put her hands on my child, it would be over. 

lovelove211
by Platinum Member on Mar. 7, 2014 at 12:23 AM
I feel I'm going to have to say something. It's also to the way she glared at my child and took the toy of her, the way she made my child feel is actually keeping me awake at night

Quoting jenesis509: No my DD is almost 2 and k ows how to share! If she acted that way shed be in a butt load of trouble. Tell your friend you won't do play dates anymore till her child doesn't throw tantrums like that anymore.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN