Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Deoderant

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 19 Replies
A few weeks ago I began to see small red bumps on the outside of my armpit. I changed my body wash, lotion, even stopped shaving for a few days. It kept getting worse and looks hideous. I finally admitted it was my deoderant. I didn't wear any for two days and it started clearing up. I just used baby powder and kept putting it on throughout the day. It smelled okay but looked ridiculous. I'm a sahm so it was okay but I had an appointment so I ran out and bought Toms natural deoderant not antiperspirant.

It does. Not. Work. At ALL.

I have several appointments coming up and I can't smell like this or look like my arms are covered in baby powder!! Help! What natural deoderant can I use that won't let me stink and won't make it look like I have an alien growing out of my arm? And it needs to be cheap under $10 including shipping if it is online.
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 7, 2014 at 12:19 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bowribbonmama
by Ruby Member on Mar. 7, 2014 at 12:20 AM
Coconut oil.
PinkButterfly66
by Emerald Member on Mar. 7, 2014 at 12:20 AM

I use arm and hammer natural

thefiregoddess
by MotherDucker on Mar. 7, 2014 at 12:21 AM
Sorry I use the chemical laden super power stuff.

Bump
Mom-does-hair
by Gold Member on Mar. 7, 2014 at 12:22 AM
Do you have a health food store near you? I tried this one aloe one, but it made me smell weird. Not like bo, just musty. No good. They make a few though.
leksismommy
by Platinum Member on Mar. 7, 2014 at 12:25 AM
You need an anti-perspirant. Try a local organic/ natural foods store. They'll have sonething. Or ask a pharmacist at a drug store
falloutboy
by Silver Member on Mar. 7, 2014 at 12:27 AM
Dermatologist time?
The_Doodle
by Platinum Member on Mar. 7, 2014 at 12:27 AM

Have you just tried a different brand of deoderant? I have sensitive skin and can't use certain brands, but I can use Dove with no problem.

cassandrans
by Bronze Member on Mar. 7, 2014 at 12:29 AM
My daughter and I use a lime. Works like a charm.

Just cut it in half, wipe it on your pits, put it in a baggie and refrigerate it. We use it for a week and then get another one.
1frog
by on Mar. 7, 2014 at 12:31 AM

You might need an anti-perspirant, and not just a deodorant. I use super-strong, can wear for days stuff.--which isn't true on me. Major wetness issues. OK, TMI over Take a walk up and down the aisles and read labels to find a soothing one. You may need a dermatologist.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 7, 2014 at 12:32 AM

Oh pooh. With shipping it's probaby over $10 but I'll recommend it anyway:

http://north-coast-organics.com

Death by Lavender

PS You can see if a store near you has it. I had to order mine online since the nearest store to me is about an hour away.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN