Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Disney world...

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

We are taking our two kids ages 2 and 6 to Disney world for my sons birthday. We already have plane tickets paid for and our hotel stay has been paid in full. How much money should we bring with us for the parks and eating and stuff like that? 

We will be staying Wed- Saturday.

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 7, 2014 at 8:48 AM
Replies (21-30):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 7, 2014 at 8:54 AM

yes we have the park passes

Quoting kbutton24:

Do you have your park passes? It would be best to purchase a multi day park hopper. Besides that, I would bring $150 for each day. 

kbutton24
by Mrs.Sima on Mar. 7, 2014 at 8:54 AM

I've never been a fan of the meal plans. It's all cafeteria food.

Quoting imthatgirl0607:

I've always found the dining plans to be a huge waste of money. 

Quoting Isaacsmom913:

If you're staying at a resort on Disney property you will be sent the bands--you won't need to carry cash as they will charge it to your hotel bill.

I'm curious, why you didn't buy the meal plan?  Your 2 year old is FREE to eat--We're going next year and the meal plan is a HUGE savings.

gumbeme06
by Silver Member on Mar. 7, 2014 at 8:54 AM

I've never had to pay for my own disney vacation, I just know last time we went (my dad took my sister and I to disney land the summer before I moved to Ohio, so like 6 years ago) and he said it would have been cheaper to take us on a week long carribean cruise than the trip to disney for 4 days lol.

mommy_me
by ~The Three B's~ on Mar. 7, 2014 at 8:55 AM
As someone who live 20 minutes away from Disney World I can tell you many tourists make a huge mistake by not venturing away from their hotels. If you just travel 15 minutes down the road you will find many great places to eat for a fraction of what you would pay dining within 5 minutes of your hotel.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 7, 2014 at 8:55 AM

When you arrive in MCO go to the magical express desk. They will shuttle you to the hotel and handle all of your luggage.

Quoting Anonymous:

It just didn't cross my mind.

We already recieved our bands in the mail and something else to put on our luggage. I guess we will be shuttld to the resort? this is all new to me.

Quoting Isaacsmom913:

If you're staying at a resort on Disney property you will be sent the bands--you won't need to carry cash as they will charge it to your hotel bill.

I'm curious, why you didn't buy the meal plan?  Your 2 year old is FREE to eat--We're going next year and the meal plan is a HUGE savings.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 7, 2014 at 8:56 AM

well we are staying at the resort, so we will likely just stay there. thanks for your advice though.

Quoting mommy_me: As someone who live 20 minutes away from Disney World I can tell you many tourists make a huge mistake by not venturing away from their hotels. If you just travel 15 minutes down the road you will find many great places to eat for a fraction of what you would pay dining within 5 minutes of your hotel.

Isaacsmom913
by Platinum Member on Mar. 7, 2014 at 8:56 AM

They can add the meal plan--it really is much cheaper--you can do quick service or sit down.  For our family of 3 a week is costing us just under $2000 with the meal plans.

The bands are your park ticket, your fast pass option, and your credit card in the park.  If you buy a stuffed mickey mouse--that cost will be on your hotel bill at the end of your stay and you can either pay cash for the extras or put them on the CC.  I love this option for its far less for me to carry and worry about loosing.

The luggage will be shuttled from the airport to the resort. 

You're going to have a blast!  Check pinterest for tips--they have several good "shop the dollar store" list, things to photograph, suggestions for traveling with little ones. etc.

Quoting Anonymous:

We already recieved our bands in the mail and something else to put on our luggage. I guess we will be shuttld to the resort? this is all new to me.

Quoting Isaacsmom913:

nanny1918
by Silver Member on Mar. 7, 2014 at 8:56 AM
Are you staying in a Disney hotel ?
You can go online and see all of the Disney menus and prices.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 7, 2014 at 8:56 AM

thank you so very much!

Quoting Anonymous:

When you arrive in MCO go to the magical express desk. They will shuttle you to the hotel and handle all of your luggage.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Isaacsmom913:

imthatgirl0607
by Ruby Member on Mar. 7, 2014 at 8:56 AM

Well, it is the same food you buy in the park. However, I just never found it a savings. Or I should say you have to work really hard to make it a savings. 

Quoting kbutton24:

I've never been a fan of the meal plans. It's all cafeteria food.

Quoting imthatgirl0607:

I've always found the dining plans to be a huge waste of money. 

Quoting Isaacsmom913:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)