Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Disney world...

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

We are taking our two kids ages 2 and 6 to Disney world for my sons birthday. We already have plane tickets paid for and our hotel stay has been paid in full. How much money should we bring with us for the parks and eating and stuff like that? 

We will be staying Wed- Saturday.

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 7, 2014 at 8:48 AM
Replies (31-40):
mommy_me
by ~The Three B's~ on Mar. 7, 2014 at 8:56 AM
Oh and dont buy your souvenir inside the park. There are hundreds of stores shop and flea market that have the exact same merchandise for 50 to 75 percent of what Disney is selling it inside the park
kjsmama0206
by Bronze Member on Mar. 7, 2014 at 8:56 AM
At disney? No way would've spent way more than what I payed (I kept a record of my costs vs what I paid) universal yes the meal deal is not good, really limited locations and options)

Quoting imthatgirl0607:

I've always found the dining plans to be a huge waste of money. 

Quoting Isaacsmom913:

If you're staying at a resort on Disney property you will be sent the bands--you won't need to carry cash as they will charge it to your hotel bill.

I'm curious, why you didn't buy the meal plan?  Your 2 year old is FREE to eat--We're going next year and the meal plan is a HUGE savings.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ajrjj05
by on Mar. 7, 2014 at 8:56 AM
I'd bring $1000 plus a credit card
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 7, 2014 at 8:57 AM

yes polynesian gardens

Quoting nanny1918: Are you staying in a Disney hotel ? You can go online and see all of the Disney menus and prices.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 7, 2014 at 8:58 AM

that's what i've been told..ive been told there is a walmart close to disney and they sell all the merchandise for a lot less.

Quoting mommy_me: Oh and dont buy your souvenir inside the park. There are hundreds of stores shop and flea market that have the exact same merchandise for 50 to 75 percent of what Disney is selling it inside the park

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Mar. 7, 2014 at 8:58 AM
Bring a cooler because you can bring food and drinks into the park! Pack snacks and drinks so you can save money :-)
imthatgirl0607
by Ruby Member on Mar. 7, 2014 at 8:59 AM

We go to disney at least once a year. We've used all the dining plans and there is no value there. Unless you sit down and find all the most expensive things to eat, but who wants to eat that way?

Quoting kjsmama0206: At disney? No way would've spent way more than what I payed (I kept a record of my costs vs what I paid) universal yes the meal deal is not good, really limited locations and options)
Quoting imthatgirl0607:

I've always found the dining plans to be a huge waste of money. 

Quoting Isaacsmom913:

If you're staying at a resort on Disney property you will be sent the bands--you won't need to carry cash as they will charge it to your hotel bill.

I'm curious, why you didn't buy the meal plan?  Your 2 year old is FREE to eat--We're going next year and the meal plan is a HUGE savings.

weeping_angel
by Don't Blink on Mar. 7, 2014 at 8:59 AM
A lot
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Mar. 7, 2014 at 8:59 AM

Just be aware, it's walmart junk. No where near the stuff you find in the park. 

Quoting Anonymous:

that's what i've been told..ive been told there is a walmart close to disney and they sell all the merchandise for a lot less.

Quoting mommy_me: Oh and dont buy your souvenir inside the park. There are hundreds of stores shop and flea market that have the exact same merchandise for 50 to 75 percent of what Disney is selling it inside the park

Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Mar. 7, 2014 at 9:01 AM
It's 80$ a piece just to get into the park. And it's about 30 for food! Your going to need more then 200$! I've done this for the past 27 years of my life.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)