Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

i have to get a shower and my baby wont let me!!

Posted by on Mar. 7, 2014 at 9:12 AM
  • 20 Replies
she has a dr appt at 10, we have an hour b4 we must be walking out the door. i need a shower but everytime i set her down she screams...she isnt hungry or wet. i have every baby device imaginable...swing, bouncer, stroller etc...none are making her happy today for some reason.....shes only 2 weeks. i hate to let her just cry.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 7, 2014 at 9:12 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Rebecca7708
by Platinum Member on Mar. 7, 2014 at 9:14 AM
2 moms liked this
Put the bouncy seat in the bathroom and take a shower. The sound of the water may sooth her.
missmeli77
by Silver Member on Mar. 7, 2014 at 9:14 AM
Try running the vacuum, somtimes loud noises help.... Good luck
LokisMama
by Platinum Member on Mar. 7, 2014 at 9:14 AM

It wont kill her to cry for a few minutes while you get a shower. 

Sometimes you just need to let her cry. Take your quick shower.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 7, 2014 at 9:14 AM
Put her in her bounce in the bathroom . The sound of the shower will soothe her.
Outspoken.Mime
by Platinum Member on Mar. 7, 2014 at 9:15 AM

So let her scream and take a shower.

Maries_Mom23
by Gold Member on Mar. 7, 2014 at 9:15 AM

I used to put the boucy seat right in front of the shower, sit her in it and shower.  I'd talk to her as I showered.  

lucille.bluth
by Gold Member on Mar. 7, 2014 at 9:17 AM
Put her in the bouncy seat in the bathroom and shower as fast as you can. She will be ok.
Isaacsmom913
by Platinum Member on Mar. 7, 2014 at 9:19 AM
1 mom liked this

Put her in the bouncy seat, bring it into the bathroom and talk to her while you shower.  Her crying for a few minutes isn't going to stunt her growth or cause her to need therapy.  Sometimes they do cry--and yes, it sucks for all involved I promise you both will be happier in the end because you got done what you needed to get done.

Quoting caligirl7613: she has a dr appt at 10, we have an hour b4 we must be walking out the door. i need a shower but everytime i set her down she screams...she isnt hungry or wet. i have every baby device imaginable...swing, bouncer, stroller etc...none are making her happy today for some reason.....shes only 2 weeks. i hate to let her just cry.

imthatgirl0607
by Platinum Member on Mar. 7, 2014 at 9:20 AM

Put her in her carseat, or bouncy or swing...and bring her into the bathroom with you. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 7, 2014 at 9:20 AM

Who cares?  Let the baby scream.  Put her in her bedroom and shut the door, turn on the shower and you enjoy.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)