Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

This womans auto-pay hid her death for 6 yrs. Her mummified body finally found!

Posted by on Mar. 7, 2014 at 9:15 AM
  • 82 Replies

http://www.cnn.com/2014/03/07/us/michigan-mummified-body-found/index.html?sr=fb030714mummifiedbody9a

Do you use auto pay?

She was found dead in her jeep, in her garage. Her body was mummified. No one knew she was there! Her auto pay finally ran out and the bank foreclosed, the clean-up crew for the bank found her.

OMG!

by on Mar. 7, 2014 at 9:15 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AtillaTheHun
by facta, non verba on Mar. 7, 2014 at 9:18 AM
3 moms liked this
What is so sad is that for so long nobody seemed to be missing her, or at least wondering why she wasn't seen anymore.
Shy_Dia
by Ruby Member on Mar. 7, 2014 at 9:18 AM
3 moms liked this
Is it bad that my first thought is, damn, she must've been rich to be autopaying on something (thinking house) for SIX years before it finally ran out!

What about her family? I feel bad for her
Danesmommy1
by Grammar Police on Mar. 7, 2014 at 9:20 AM
1 mom liked this
That's really sad. No one missed her.
LancesMom
by Member on Mar. 7, 2014 at 9:21 AM

Quoting AtillaTheHun: What is so sad is that for so long nobody seemed to be missing her, or at least wondering why she wasn't seen anymore.

I know and they said she had a son! What??

Blueliner
by Platinum Member on Mar. 7, 2014 at 9:21 AM

Wow, six years? How does no one notice, neighbors, friends, family, co-workers? Crazy. Wait, how did they know itwas for 6 years.... guess I should actually read the story lol.

Maxi_Maxi
by Gold Member on Mar. 7, 2014 at 9:22 AM
That was mine also.

Quoting Shy_Dia: Is it bad that my first thought is, damn, she must've been rich to be autopaying on something (thinking house) for SIX years before it finally ran out!

What about her family? I feel bad for her
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 7, 2014 at 9:22 AM

So she commited suicide and no one noticed? Terrible. Six years is a long time....I can't imagine that you've made so little of an impression on anyone that NO ONE would notice you gone? Neighbors didn't question anything? Wow. So sad. =(

Nicoleb9
by Emerald Member on Mar. 7, 2014 at 9:22 AM
I watched a documentary on Netflix with a similar scenario of a person dying and no one noticing for around five years I believe, except in that case, the utility companies just never shut anything off and her apartment neighbors never noticed. She was so far gone that they don't know what killed her. This was in England, I believe.

These stories fascinate me. The mystery of it all is interesting.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LokisMama
by Platinum Member on Mar. 7, 2014 at 9:23 AM

Wow. 

I don't feel bad that she's dead so much as I feel bad that no one even looked for her. :(

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)