Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

The Dr called. the results are in. Final Update

Posted by on Mar. 7, 2014 at 9:41 AM
  • 244 Replies
5 moms liked this

Quick overview for those that didn't read my previous post. My daughter (4 months) has had unexplained swelling. The pediatrician had her tested for multiple things including renal failure, liver failure, small blood vessels in her heart leaking, and an autoimmune disorder.

I just got a call from the Dr and she said some of the results are back and she wants me to bring the baby in today at 11am. I'm hoping it's for good news. Please wish us luck!!

Update

Sorry it took me so long to update. 

Well, the good news is her liver and kidney function is fine. There was an enzyme that was elevated. I can't remember the name she gave it but the doctor said that could indicate an issue with her heart. She will be getting an echocardiogram, EKG, and ultrasound of her heart on Monday.

If I'm not responding, please forgive me. I am trying to process what I've been told while taking care of my 5 children. I'm just praying that everything turns out ok. Thank you everyone for your support. 

update #2 3/10/14

So we had Ylazias appointment. The tests came out ok. They did catch some palpitations but said it could be an isolated incident because everything else looks within normal limits. They measured her head again. Last week her head was 16.8 inches and this week it's 17 inches. The pediatrician is concerned about the amount of growth in a week and wanted to do a CAT scan but I'm uneasy about exposing Ylazia to that amount of radiation at this age so we're starting with an ultrasound. If there is still cause for concern after the ultrasound then she'll be getting a CAT scan. Her ultrasound is scheduled for Thursday morning.

Small update 3/13/14

Lazia's ultrasound is this morning. I'm super nervous but have been praying that everything comes back normal. If you are a praying person, please continue to pray my little girl just has a big head. I'll update again later.

FINAL UPDATE 3/13/14

We went and did Lazia's head ultrasound. The doctor called while I was grocery shopping about an hour and a half after we finished...

I am happy to say that I am the proud mother of a big headed, chubby baby who is perfectly healthy!!!

(Well, minus her food allergies lol)

Thank you all so much for your support. We still don't know why she gets intermittent swelling or why her head has grown so quickly but other than the heart palpatations, all of her tests have shown she is perfectly healthy!

by on Mar. 7, 2014 at 9:41 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Mar. 7, 2014 at 9:42 AM
Good luck
MizzSuzy
by Hello Kitty on Mar. 7, 2014 at 9:43 AM
Good luck momma. Hope she's ok
ShannaBee
by Platinum Member on Mar. 7, 2014 at 9:44 AM
1 mom liked this
Good luck.
booboobear12
by Silver Member on Mar. 7, 2014 at 9:44 AM
Good luck keep us posted
Elyce225
by Emerald Member on Mar. 7, 2014 at 9:44 AM
4 moms liked this

They didn't tell you over the phone? 

Usually that is not good news.  I will keep you and your baby in my thoughts today, good luck!

Elyssa414
by on Mar. 7, 2014 at 9:44 AM
Wow. I hope it goes okay!
crysiann
by Platinum Member on Mar. 7, 2014 at 9:45 AM
1 mom liked this
Good luck!
bcoll
by Brandi on Mar. 7, 2014 at 9:45 AM

Please update mama. Good luck!

luckysevenwow
by Ruby Member on Mar. 7, 2014 at 9:45 AM
Good luck!
mem82
by Platinum Member on Mar. 7, 2014 at 9:45 AM
Good luck!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN