Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

i have to TRAIN my new BOSS

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 37 Replies

I have been running this place for about a year. ( been here two years). Everyone who works here knows i run it. they all love me. I have worked SO HARD at becoming the top manager. I was almost there. I just needed the title and the pay. WELL, yesterday the head management company decided that (AFTER TELLING ME I WAS DOING SO GREAT AND THEY KNEW I WAS DOING ALL THE WORK) they were gonna bring in a new head manager.my new " partner". hes going to get more money than me, and a bigger title and i have to TRAIN HIM. thats right. i have to fucking TRAIN HIM. i am good enough to teach my boss how to do the job, im just not good enough to do the job myself. he is talking to me like i am below him. setting all these new rules. i give it a week before my staff quits. does he not realize WE KNOW HOW TO RUN THIS PLACE??!! asking us stupid questions. I am hiding in my office, my only place of solice, because i have an urge to quit. and i WOULD- but I dont want to start from the bottom somewhere else. I still have this stupid urge in me that MAYBE, just MAYBE sometime in the near future i will get recognized for my work. my makeup is so cute today and im trying not to cry. i have a meeting with him in an hour and im scared that all my gathered up stress and hurt will come out. i WORK so hard. 

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 7, 2014 at 9:41 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
fullxbusymom
by Ruby Member on Mar. 7, 2014 at 9:43 AM

Sorry :(

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 7, 2014 at 9:45 AM
1 mom liked this

Grrrr.....I hate that shit! I've had to do that and it makes NO damn sense! And the resentment just festers inside. I hope you're able to channel that energy in a positive direction and just keep professional.

I'm sorry. That really sucks.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 7, 2014 at 9:46 AM
I'm so sorry hon. I went through the same thing at my old work. Make sure you document EVERYTHING. Just hang in there.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 7, 2014 at 9:47 AM
Well, you have two options. One, quit. Two, keep on keeping on and working your ass off. Is there an education barrier? Someone with a degree is going to make more, lots of the time, even if it does not mean they will be better at the job. Totally sucks, hon. But, always remember, when one door closes, another one opens.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 7, 2014 at 9:47 AM

and i wonder if its because i am a woman. me being a woman hasnt stopped me from pulling triplle shifts, being called in, handling all the paper work, filing reports. i even do pay roll. but its never good enough. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Grrrr.....I hate that shit! I've had to do that and it makes NO damn sense! And the resentment just festers inside. I hope you're able to channel that energy in a positive direction and just keep professional.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 7, 2014 at 9:48 AM
Idk this happens often, he probably has better qualifications and sometimes someone new to a company can "see" the business I a way that someone who is there can't.

Sorry that you feel jipped though. Did you have a discussion with management about your interest in taking in a permenant leadership role?
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 7, 2014 at 9:49 AM

no barrier, just the fact that the past THREE managers have been MEN. ( i have gone through 3 managers since working here. )

Quoting Anonymous: Well, you have two options. One, quit. Two, keep on keeping on and working your ass off. Is there an education barrier? Someone with a degree is going to make more, lots of the time, even if it does not mean they will be better at the job. Totally sucks, hon. But, always remember, when one door closes, another one opens.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 7, 2014 at 9:53 AM
1 mom liked this

I was wondering the same thing. The whole thing sounds sexist and disgusting. People ought to know by now that women can handle any and everything. You've been demonstrating this for a year. Infuriating!

Just breathe. Ha! Try to stay the course and continue to do good work. If it becomes intolerable, start seeking better employment. In the meantime, smile, dust yourself off and kill them with kindness and professionalism. And document everything! I hope everything works out. ((Hugs))

Quoting Anonymous:

and i wonder if its because i am a woman. me being a woman hasnt stopped me from pulling triplle shifts, being called in, handling all the paper work, filing reports. i even do pay roll. but its never good enough. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 7, 2014 at 9:54 AM
I have been a building contractor for twenty years. I feel your pain. Lol I had to start my own company to get any respect. Even though not many men can do what I do and I have met none that can keep up with me when I do it. Is it maybe time to move on or is that out of the question?

Quoting Anonymous:

no barrier, just the fact that the past THREE managers have been MEN. ( i have gone through 3 managers since working here. )

Quoting Anonymous: Well, you have two options. One, quit. Two, keep on keeping on and working your ass off. Is there an education barrier? Someone with a degree is going to make more, lots of the time, even if it does not mean they will be better at the job. Totally sucks, hon. But, always remember, when one door closes, another one opens.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 7, 2014 at 9:54 AM

thank you. 

Quoting Anonymous:

I was wondering the same thing. The whole thing sounds sexist and disgusting. People ought to know by now that women can handle any and everything. You've been demonstrating this for a year. Infuriating!

Just breathe. Ha! Try to stay the course and continue to do good work. If it becomes intolerable, start seeking better employment. In the meantime, smile, dust yourself off and kill them with kindness and professionalism. And document everything! I hope everything works out. ((Hugs))

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)