Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

ETA: I disowned my sister today for her abortions...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 214 Replies
4 moms liked this

After I found out she had her 7th abortion this week. She had her first one 5 years ago and I handled it eventhough I didnt like it because she was 18 and scared and the man left. She had no support and was still in college. However 7 abortions in five years just makes me feel she doesnt care and has become cold to life growing inside her. It almost feels like she uses abortion as a form of birth control. I told her I did not want to see her and she was not welcomed around me and my kids. I understand a  womans right to choose but 7 abortions in 5 years?? Also, 2 were really late in the first trimester. It really does haunt me to think of all the babies that could have been. I know its her right but its my right to not see her anymore if I find it hard to look at her in the face at this point. My mom says I am being too hard on her, am I?

ETA: I guess i should have added this into my post. I understaand its her choice but I am angry about the callous way she talks about it. Just for the record I have never solicited her about her life. She calls me and tells me about her abortions. I never liked the fact she had abortions but I knew it was her business and I accepted the fact this was her. However, yesterday when she calls her attitude was again as if she had just threw away a bag of burger king taht was trash. But I still listened until she made the comment "well I told them they should start a tab as much as I have been here." I got angry..I am sorry, maybe thats cold but I got angry and I said you know what I am done. I can deal with the fact its her body but I cant deal with a person who is going to be callous about getting rid of something that at the very least had the potential of being a human being. If I am wrong for that so be it.

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 7, 2014 at 1:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 7, 2014 at 1:44 PM
2 moms liked this
Idk but im taking a seat!
owl0210
by Emerald Member on Mar. 7, 2014 at 1:45 PM
7 moms liked this
Being on the pill is much cheaper...
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 7, 2014 at 1:45 PM
7 moms liked this
She is better off. Nobody needs a nosey, opinionated relative in their life.
littlesippycup
by Ruby Member on Mar. 7, 2014 at 1:45 PM
13 moms liked this

I wouldn't be able to be around her either. 

momto3B
by Gold Member on Mar. 7, 2014 at 1:45 PM
1 mom liked this

Have you suggested she get counseling for her behavior? Sounds like there might be something wrong with her.

Bubbie0809
by Ruby Member on Mar. 7, 2014 at 1:46 PM
I don't know if I would stop talking to her. But it's your right. I don't speak to an entire side of my family for various reasons. No judgment here.
almondpigeon
by Ruby Member on Mar. 7, 2014 at 1:47 PM
3 moms liked this
You have the right to your opinion and viewpoints (just as she does). I hope you can find peace with her decisions, though. It would kill me to not have a relationship with my sister
daisybaby91
by lipstick on Mar. 7, 2014 at 1:47 PM
5 moms liked this
There is something seriously wrong with her. I wouldnt want to be around her either.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 7, 2014 at 1:47 PM
2 moms liked this

That was the best thing that could happen to her..

malinda74
by on Mar. 7, 2014 at 1:47 PM
2 moms liked this
She is your sister. Please don't shut her out. If we can't find compassion for our own family then the world becomes a cold place.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)