Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

SAHM's Are Glorified Servants and Prostitutes!

Posted by on Mar. 7, 2014 at 5:32 PM
  • 44 Replies

Seriously, some IN REAL LIFE (not in CafeMom land) said this to my sister-in-law and it honestly made me laugh. 

My sister-in-law stays at home because that is what is best for herself and her family. I work because that is what is best for me and my family. I love my SIL very much but her family is all kinds of crazy. Saturday, she invited me to a "mother's lunch" at McDonalds. Her two sisters and my two sisters were there as well, with their kids. We talked while the kids played. My SIL is 12 weeks pregnant with her third baby. Anyway, her oldest sister works too and she is one of these that thinks she is better than every SAHM because [insert lame excuse here]. Somehow, we got into a conversation about working or staying home. I'm not exactly sure how that happened. You know how conversations just tend to drift. This woman actually told SIL that, as a SAHM, she was a glorified servant and prostitute. She was sleeping with a man and doing housework in exchange for a home, bills paid, and food for herself and her children.

Honestly, isn't that one of the stupidest thing you've ever heard? Needless to say, she was asked to leave. I have heard that on CafeMom but I have NEVER heard a woman say that in real life. Wtf is wrong with some people? What a bitch!

by on Mar. 7, 2014 at 5:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MamaJess9
by Platinum Member on Mar. 7, 2014 at 5:34 PM
Someone will be here to tell you she's right in 10...9...8...7...
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Mar. 7, 2014 at 5:35 PM
1 mom liked this
She has a point. And i am a sahm. But she is a bitch for saying it. She should have kept her mouth shut.
lovinglife1622
by Silver Member on Mar. 7, 2014 at 5:36 PM
Wow
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 7, 2014 at 5:36 PM

'a man' you mean her husband and FATHER of the children?

lovinglife1622
by Silver Member on Mar. 7, 2014 at 5:37 PM
3 moms liked this
Lol the post right beneath you said it

Quoting MamaJess9: Someone will be here to tell you she's right in 10...9...8...7...
notjstasocermom
by Emerald Member on Mar. 7, 2014 at 5:37 PM
Lmao, some people
briellesmomma
by Velvet on Mar. 7, 2014 at 5:42 PM
Why is it where someone says something you ladies don't like they're a bitch but it's okay for you to call them stupid over something they feel?

If she feels that way, let her. Doesn't make her stupid. She just has a different perspective.
vkp23
by Member on Mar. 7, 2014 at 5:43 PM

That's hilarious!  Honestly!  I mean I'm a sahm and if anything people would look at it like my dh is my bitch. We make family choices 50/50 though he does have the final say. Out side of that,  we eat what I wanna eat, we have sex when I say we have sex, he pays all my bills including all of my medical bills, basically get anything I want within reason. I mean I got an iPad for Christmas and he had to wait til tax time to get the rifle he wanted. When our taxes came in and we paid off our debt he basically let me go on a shopping spree. He babies me and treats me like the love of his life (as he should and like I do him) he got the family membership to the gym I wanted as opposed to the one he wanted. How does that make me a glorified servant and hooker?  People be cray. All of this is not to say that I treat him like my bitch. We eat things he wants too. We have sex when he wants too unless one of us is really opposed sex then either the one who wants it has to do the wooing or we don't have sex he has the final say so on things so sometimes we don't make the house decisions I would want but he always listens to my opinions and thoughts on it and most of the time he sides with me  

LokisMama
by Platinum Member on Mar. 7, 2014 at 5:45 PM

.....wow.

I have no words for this.

Razzle_Dazzle1
by Platinum Member on Mar. 7, 2014 at 5:47 PM
1 mom liked this

No, she doesn't have a point. They are married. If she were a live in housekeeper than I would say she was cleaning house in exchange for room and board but she is not. They are married. She cooks and cleans and cares for THEIR children and does hundreds of little things for him that he doesn't even think about and he works to pay the bills. It is the arrangement that they both want. 

Quoting Anonymous: She has a point. And i am a sahm. But she is a bitch for saying it. She should have kept her mouth shut.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)