Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

SAHM's Are Glorified Servants and Prostitutes!

Seriously, some IN REAL LIFE (not in CafeMom land) said this to my sister-in-law and it honestly made me laugh. 

My sister-in-law stays at home because that is what is best for herself and her family. I work because that is what is best for me and my family. I love my SIL very much but her family is all kinds of crazy. Saturday, she invited me to a "mother's lunch" at McDonalds. Her two sisters and my two sisters were there as well, with their kids. We talked while the kids played. My SIL is 12 weeks pregnant with her third baby. Anyway, her oldest sister works too and she is one of these that thinks she is better than every SAHM because [insert lame excuse here]. Somehow, we got into a conversation about working or staying home. I'm not exactly sure how that happened. You know how conversations just tend to drift. This woman actually told SIL that, as a SAHM, she was a glorified servant and prostitute. She was sleeping with a man and doing housework in exchange for a home, bills paid, and food for herself and her children.

Honestly, isn't that one of the stupidest thing you've ever heard? Needless to say, she was asked to leave. I have heard that on CafeMom but I have NEVER heard a woman say that in real life. Wtf is wrong with some people? What a bitch!

by on Mar. 7, 2014 at 5:32 PM
Replies (11-20):
Mamafrogof2
by on Mar. 7, 2014 at 5:53 PM
I agree with this. My husband might be the one that works out of the house but I'm the one that keeps the house clean for him to come home to, I make sure the bills get paid (with his money). Like the saying goes "the man may be the head of the household but the woman's the neck that turns the head"

Quoting vkp23:

That's hilarious!  Honestly!  I mean I'm a sahm and if anything people would look at it like my dh is my bitch. We make family choices 50/50 though he does have the final say. Out side of that,  we eat what I wanna eat, we have sex when I say we have sex, he pays all my bills including all of my medical bills, basically get anything I want within reason. I mean I got an iPad for Christmas and he had to wait til tax time to get the rifle he wanted. When our taxes came in and we paid off our debt he basically let me go on a shopping spree. He babies me and treats me like the love of his life (as he should and like I do him) he got the family membership to the gym I wanted as opposed to the one he wanted. How does that make me a glorified servant and hooker?  People be cray. All of this is not to say that I treat him like my bitch. We eat things he wants too. We have sex when he wants too unless one of us is really opposed sex then either the one who wants it has to do the wooing or we don't have sex he has the final say so on things so sometimes we don't make the house decisions I would want but he always listens to my opinions and thoughts on it and most of the time he sides with me  

misskriss10
by Ruby Member on Mar. 7, 2014 at 5:55 PM

Wow...

onethentwins
by Platinum Member on Mar. 7, 2014 at 5:55 PM

Yes, she was a stupid bitch. 

jeda1429
by Silver Member on Mar. 7, 2014 at 5:56 PM

LOL i'm a prostitute and had no idea! Bet my hubby will be super turned on when I tell him.

Proud-mama-05
by Gold Member on Mar. 7, 2014 at 6:02 PM
Haha right.....although probably disappointed he's not getting sex a heck of a lot more often and our house is not immaculately clean if I am in fact a glorified servant/prostitute lol

Quoting jeda1429:

LOL i'm a prostitute and had no idea! Bet my hubby will be super turned on when I tell him.

Bubsy
by Silver Member on Mar. 7, 2014 at 6:03 PM

This statement is flawed on the basis that she is implying that a SAHM does these things in 'exchange' for her significant other's money/care. If that were the case then it implies that if her husband were to lose his job she would stop caring for him, their home, and their children. 

Mrs.Kubalabuku
by Ruby Member on Mar. 7, 2014 at 6:04 PM

I enjoy my role, then.

1L2CMommy
by Silver Member on Mar. 7, 2014 at 6:05 PM

Hell yeah, I am!!  The sex is so damb good, I can't help myself.  I just do whatever domestic and motherly chore needs doing, so he'll keep giving it up.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 7, 2014 at 6:07 PM
She is a fucking idiot. But either way I am happy to be. My dh servant and prostitute and I am a high price one at that being he pays me with his whole paycheck.

But I would have said well what that make you then, a whore because you don't get paid. Working mom sleep with their dh too and clean .
furbabymum
by on Mar. 7, 2014 at 6:08 PM

My DH makes way more than I do and without him I couldn't afford to live and do what we live and do. So I guess that makes me a bit of a prostitute too. If he didn't have such a cute ass maybe I wouldn't be so encouraged to strip him!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN