Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

SAHM's Are Glorified Servants and Prostitutes!

Seriously, some IN REAL LIFE (not in CafeMom land) said this to my sister-in-law and it honestly made me laugh. 

My sister-in-law stays at home because that is what is best for herself and her family. I work because that is what is best for me and my family. I love my SIL very much but her family is all kinds of crazy. Saturday, she invited me to a "mother's lunch" at McDonalds. Her two sisters and my two sisters were there as well, with their kids. We talked while the kids played. My SIL is 12 weeks pregnant with her third baby. Anyway, her oldest sister works too and she is one of these that thinks she is better than every SAHM because [insert lame excuse here]. Somehow, we got into a conversation about working or staying home. I'm not exactly sure how that happened. You know how conversations just tend to drift. This woman actually told SIL that, as a SAHM, she was a glorified servant and prostitute. She was sleeping with a man and doing housework in exchange for a home, bills paid, and food for herself and her children.

Honestly, isn't that one of the stupidest thing you've ever heard? Needless to say, she was asked to leave. I have heard that on CafeMom but I have NEVER heard a woman say that in real life. Wtf is wrong with some people? What a bitch!

by on Mar. 7, 2014 at 5:32 PM
Replies (21-30):
bensmommy1
by Silver Member on Mar. 7, 2014 at 6:09 PM
She's a bitch!
Razzle_Dazzle1
by Platinum Member on Mar. 7, 2014 at 6:11 PM

Exactly. He has been out of work before and she STILL cooked and cleaned and cared for their kids. I work full time and I still do all of those things too so what does that make me?

Quoting Bubsy:

This statement is flawed on the basis that she is implying that a SAHM does these things in 'exchange' for her significant other's money/care. If that were the case then it implies that if her husband were to lose his job she would stop caring for him, their home, and their children. 

JRSMOMMM
by Member on Mar. 7, 2014 at 6:11 PM

That is such BS... I am a SAHM, by choice, I worked and he stayed at home. When I lost my job he took over, I offered to look for work, but when I reminded him that if I work full time I would not be here to keep the house to his standard. I reminded him that I would not be here to take care of our son, so he would have to pay daycare, that supper would not be cooked every night when he came home... He changed his mind, he wants me to stay home for another year.

JRSMOMMM
by Member on Mar. 7, 2014 at 6:13 PM

If mine where to lose his job, I would step up and pay bills. And if that was to happen I would expect him to do the SAHD thing and take care of me... 

Quoting Bubsy:I

This statement is flawed on the basis that she is implying that a SAHM does these things in 'exchange' for her significant other's money/care. If that were the case then it implies that if her husband were to lose his job she would stop caring for him, their home, and their children. 

inspain
by Platinum Member on Mar. 7, 2014 at 6:14 PM

Actually, telling someone that they're a "glorified servant and prostitute" is really incredibly rude and tactless and borders on asking for a fat lip.  

It's fine to have that opinion, despite it smacking of pettiness, jealousy and immaturity, but if one chooses to give voice to opinions like that, one had better be cool with a good slap or, at the very least, fewer friends.  

Quoting briellesmomma: Why is it where someone says something you ladies don't like they're a bitch but it's okay for you to call them stupid over something they feel? If she feels that way, let her. Doesn't make her stupid. She just has a different perspective.

β€œIn a dung heap, even a plastic bead can gleam like a sapphire.”

― Stephen FryThe Hippopotamus

KendallsMommee
by Spoiled SAHM on Mar. 7, 2014 at 6:15 PM
Ha!
Keara20
by Platinum Member on Mar. 7, 2014 at 6:17 PM
I bet my twat sister agrees with her.
briellesmomma
by Velvet on Mar. 7, 2014 at 6:18 PM
I'm pretty certain she didn't say it so people could agree with her. She knew she was wrong.

Quoting inspain:

Actually, telling someone that they're a "glorified servant and prostitute" is really incredibly rude and tactless and borders on asking for a fat lip.  

It's fine to have that opinion, despite it smacking of pettiness, jealousy and immaturity, but if one chooses to give voice to opinions like that, one had better be cool with a good slap or, at the very least, fewer friends.  

Quoting briellesmomma: Why is it where someone says something you ladies don't like they're a bitch but it's okay for you to call them stupid over something they feel?

If she feels that way, let her. Doesn't make her stupid. She just has a different perspective.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 7, 2014 at 6:18 PM

I would have said and I get paid very fucking well!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Mar. 7, 2014 at 6:18 PM
That's stupid because women who work they still have to come home and clean and cook and have sex with there husband's or boyfriend just like a stay at home mom. I'm sorry she needs to be quiet because she isn't making any sense she is basically contradicting herself .I worked for 2 yrs now I stay at home and I'm not a prostitute I don't have men coming in my home .I have my own money in my bank account and my degree on my wall I support myself and my daughter she really need to be slapped into next week.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)