Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Not allowing your children to see their father because he shoved you?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 115 Replies
My brother's wife had him arrested a week ago. She found texts in his phone that she thought was him flirting with someone else (they weren't) and went off on him. She called him a horrible father, said she's never loved him, that she would take the kids and everything he had. She was in his face and he pushed her. She fell and hit her head and her scalp was bleeding a little. She got up, he was already apologizing and she ran and locked her and the kids in their room. She called the police and he was arrested.

He hasn't been able to go back to their house since the police told him not to. He's staying with us. All she does when he calls is say "you're never seeing my kids again". She said the same thing to me when I called.

I'm devastated my nieces and nephews are my life. Can she really keep the kids from us because of this? My brother has never hit a woman in his life and he's beyond remorseful. He'd even want to try to work it out but she won't even talk to him.
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 7, 2014 at 9:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
daisybaby91
by lipstick on Mar. 7, 2014 at 9:11 PM
10 moms liked this
Sounds like there is more to the story than your brother is telling you.
SaratheN
by on Mar. 7, 2014 at 9:12 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm glad an abuser like that won't be able to see children again.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 7, 2014 at 9:18 PM
Regarding the texts? There's not. I read the texts they were fighting about the night it happened and there was nothing there. She's always been jealous and confrontational. He's absolutely never raised a hand to anyone- never been in a fight, hit a partner or even spanked his kids.

Quoting daisybaby91: Sounds like there is more to the story than your brother is telling you.
SRUsarahSC
by Platinum Member on Mar. 7, 2014 at 9:20 PM

Let the courts decide.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 7, 2014 at 9:20 PM
Judge will probably order supervised visits and rightly so. I don't care what the provocation was, he was wrong.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 7, 2014 at 9:21 PM
He shouldn't have pushed her down!!!!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 7, 2014 at 9:22 PM
He's not an abuser. He shoved her to get her out of his face. He's never raised a hand to her before, and when I bailed him out he was crying and only asking about her.

Quoting SaratheN: I'm glad an abuser like that won't be able to see children again.
turtlesquish23
by on Mar. 7, 2014 at 9:22 PM
1 mom liked this
He didn't shove her, he pushed her down. He abused her.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 7, 2014 at 9:24 PM
1 mom liked this

You don't know how their home really is. You know what you saw when around them and what he says but you don't know what happened behind closed doors.  You need to stay out of it and he can petition the courts to see his kids.

Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Mar. 7, 2014 at 9:24 PM
2 moms liked this

You are only hearing one side of the story and he is YOUR brother. 

Abusers never start out beating the crap out of you, they start slow..... slapping, shoving and eventually beating you

The courts will decide visitation. In NY if the kids were in the house and their was a physical altercation between 2 adults, they both can be charged with neglect and have ACS/CPS in their life for quite awhile.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN