Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

4 weeks before the wedding,and the unthinkable happens!!!!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 78 Replies

My cousins wedding is in 4 weeks. She found out today that the banquet hall, where the ceremony and reception is being held went under, and locked their doors today with no notice at all. She didn't even get contacted, she found out from a friend...Many brides and grooms are struggling at the last minute to find a place to have their big day. My cousin is out $7000  & back to square one! 

Suzanne Le Mignot

(CBS) – It’s supposed to be the most important day in a couple’s life: their wedding day.

But a Mount Prospect banquet hall has closed its doors, leaving brides and  grooms scrambling.

CBS 2’s Suzanne Le Mignot reports from Bristol Court Banquets and Legendary Catering.

Some brides had tastings there only two weeks ago. Their checks, worth thousands of dollars, were cashed. Now, each of the front doors has a chain and padlock.

“I am numb, I’m hurt. I’m just beside myself. I don’t even know what to say. I’m devastated,” bride Katie Lunsmann says.

She and her fiancé, Jimmy Waron, were supposed to get married in two weeks.

The couple paid an $8,000 deposit for the cake and wedding reception.

“Now, there’s no contact whatsoever with them. Everything was disconnected,” Waron says.

In a statement, a village of Mount Prospect spokesperson says the village had no idea the business was going under. A bank now owns the building.

Natalie Hooper’s mother embraced her at the now-chained entrance. She was supposed to get married here in four weeks and already paid $7,000 toward her wedding.

“This is peoples’ lives. I’m getting married next month, and now I have to start back from square one,” says Hooper.

Each of the people interviewed have filed police reports for their loss. The village is helping those impacted by contacting area hotels and banquet halls. The local chamber of commerce is fielding all inquiries.

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 7, 2014 at 11:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Sparta.
by Member on Mar. 7, 2014 at 11:26 PM
Wow
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 7, 2014 at 11:26 PM

BUMP!

Amybelle
by AmyAzing on Mar. 7, 2014 at 11:27 PM
2 moms liked this

that sucks

SaratheN
by on Mar. 7, 2014 at 11:27 PM
1 mom liked this
I just watched a Judge Judy that way very similar. Bride sued and won.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 7, 2014 at 11:27 PM
1 mom liked this

It's lawsuit time!

smorgan865
by Platinum Member on Mar. 7, 2014 at 11:28 PM
Ouch.
fatcat0908
by Platinum Member on Mar. 7, 2014 at 11:28 PM
Oh that just sucks.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 7, 2014 at 11:28 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Anonymous:

It's lawsuit time!

Definitly.

leksismommy
by Platinum Member on Mar. 7, 2014 at 11:29 PM
That seriously sucks
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 7, 2014 at 11:30 PM
2 moms liked this

That sucks.

The only thing I can think to say is, your wedding does not define your marriage. If something goes wrong, like the flowers don't arrive or the cake is destroyed (or the banquet hall goes under), that does not mean the marriage will fail.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)