Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

this excuse doesnt work in my house!!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 109 Replies
Oh my dh works so he isnt expected to do any housework! Uh no. that doesnt fly in my house! hes expected to do things around the house just like i do! i work just as hard as he does.(sahm) only difference is he has a 30 minute commute to and from work! Does that excuse work in ur house???
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 8, 2014 at 1:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 8, 2014 at 1:33 AM
Oh boy
ChewyBrownies
by Platinum Member on Mar. 8, 2014 at 1:34 AM

KairisMama
by Emerald Member on Mar. 8, 2014 at 1:34 AM

DH and I both work and both tend to our house. We expect the kids to clean up their messes too. Even when I am home during the summer, we still share equal roles in tending to the household chores.

poisonedtaco
by Silver Member on Mar. 8, 2014 at 1:35 AM
3 moms liked this

Personally, I think everyone in a household should know how to pick up after themselves and cook. At least every now and then.

Summerlion1123
by Platinum Member on Mar. 8, 2014 at 1:35 AM
Oooooo!
deboramomof2
by 💋sweetcandy💋 on Mar. 8, 2014 at 1:36 AM
I use to think like that.... That housework was just my job.... But not no more... My hubby gonna help if he likes it or not lol
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 8, 2014 at 1:37 AM
Heck no and that is why my ex and I divorced. I would have to nag, beg and plead to get him to help out any and finally had enough. I worked outside of the home with an average of 60 hours a week with an hour commute to work 1 way 5 days a week.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 8, 2014 at 1:38 AM
1 mom liked this

Nope, that wouldn't work in our house either.  Thankfully, if my dh sees something that needs to be done in our house, he simply does it.  He does dishes, cooks, cleans bathrooms, does laundry, etc when needed.  One of the many, many reasons that I love my dh.   

besosfantasies
by Silver Member on Mar. 8, 2014 at 1:41 AM

No, it doesn't. But since he does work, I have no problem doing just about everything because I'm a SAHM. If we both worked or he didn't work while I did, I'd expect more help.

ZelisMommy
by Silver Member on Mar. 8, 2014 at 1:42 AM
1 mom liked this
It depends. Do you have little ones at home or are they in school? I do 90% of the housework because I only work part time, so im home more. DH will help with things like taking out the trash and picking up the kids toys (We have 3. 5 yr old 3 yr old and a baby). For the most part though, I prefer DH watch the kids so I can clean. That way it gets done "right" LOL.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)