Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Would going off BC make you gain?

Posted by on Mar. 8, 2014 at 8:25 AM
  • 6 Replies
I've shot up 5lbs since I stopped my birth control last month, those 5lbs coming on rapidly these past 2 weeks.

5lbs is a BIG deal for me because I'm so short, it feels and looks like I've gained 10.

I sure as shit do NOT eat enough to have gained that much. I'm also in the gym 5 days a week. I know it's not muscle, I'm not lifting enough for gains, just for maintenance.

Could going off BC be fucking with my weight?

My metabolism is stupid slow anyway so I've been working to get these last 10lbs off and I've been dealing with it for 3 months now and only to be kicked back 5lbs is frustrating.
by on Mar. 8, 2014 at 8:25 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Jessy613
by Diamond Member on Mar. 8, 2014 at 8:26 AM

not sure, never taken bc

bump!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Mar. 8, 2014 at 8:29 AM
Different birth controls can do wildly different things to your body. Your best bet is to Google your specific kind to find out. You also could be holding a crazy amount of water weight - are you due for the first period since going off?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 8, 2014 at 8:29 AM

I wont take BC because I've heard it makes you gain. So I have unprotected sex and pray that I dont get pregnant.

BeAmour
by Tonya on Mar. 8, 2014 at 9:36 AM
I should be due next week but the intense cramping and beginning of the gain started a week ago. I remember bc I was on a 24hr clinical and was in so much pain all day that I just wanted to go home. I couldn't figure out why I was hurting. It was menstrual crampy and I also have endometriosis, too so I wasn't sure if it was excerbated pain from that bc I wasn't taking the BC.

I gained 2 pounds then and then the last 3 this week.

It's irritating!

Quoting Anonymous: Different birth controls can do wildly different things to your body. Your best bet is to Google your specific kind to find out. You also could be holding a crazy amount of water weight - are you due for the first period since going off?
BeAmour
by Tonya on Mar. 8, 2014 at 9:38 AM
None of my BC has made me gain.

One thing is for sure, pregnancy will make you gain and I'm not down for that. It also helps that I'm not having sex with anyone soooo. Lol I was but I've always taken BC to try and keep my endometriosis at bay.

Quoting Anonymous:

I wont take BC because I've heard it makes you gain. So I have unprotected sex and pray that I dont get pregnant.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Mar. 8, 2014 at 10:17 AM
When i went off Nuvaring, I gained a lot, had crazy hormonal symptoms, and was a maniac! I was also pregnant pretty much instantly after going off!

Quoting BeAmour: I should be due next week but the intense cramping and beginning of the gain started a week ago. I remember bc I was on a 24hr clinical and was in so much pain all day that I just wanted to go home. I couldn't figure out why I was hurting. It was menstrual crampy and I also have endometriosis, too so I wasn't sure if it was excerbated pain from that bc I wasn't taking the BC.

I gained 2 pounds then and then the last 3 this week.

It's irritating!

Quoting Anonymous: Different birth controls can do wildly different things to your body. Your best bet is to Google your specific kind to find out. You also could be holding a crazy amount of water weight - are you due for the first period since going off?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN