Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Pay it forward?

Posted by on Mar. 8, 2014 at 8:56 AM
  • 32 Replies
Have you ever done something nice for a random stranger just because? Have you ever received something nice from a random stranger, just because? No matter big or super small!
When I was 17 I acidentally over pumped $5 worth of gas. I panicked because I didn't know what to do when a really nice lady came over and asked me if I was ok. I told her and she handed me $5. I asked for her address to repay her and she no she was happy to help. So nice of her!
Small but I almost always leave my quarter in my cart from Aldi for the next person.
by on Mar. 8, 2014 at 8:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sissyboogs
by Platinum Member on Mar. 8, 2014 at 9:00 AM

I leave my quarters in the  carts too, lol

I will also help people out at the gas station if I see them digging for change or something. 

The biggest thing someone did for me was one day when my car broke down in a parking lot. I couldn't get a hold of anyone to come help me, and this guy saw me and offered to look at it. He thought he knew what was wrong with it, but didn't have the tools so he went down the road and bought the right tools. Came back and was working on it for the better part of an hour when my mom just happened to pull into the parking lot. So, the guy couldn't fix it (turned out it needed a part, can't remember what), but I told him that was okay because my mom could give me a ride and we could call someone to fix it. I offered to pay the guy, offered to pay for the tools he bought, etc....but he said no and left. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Mar. 8, 2014 at 9:00 AM
1 mom liked this

I have a LOT of paying it forward to do in my lifetime... this winter was hard for me... and someone, or a couple someones, or several someones... I will never know... gave my kids a wonderful christmas, and delivered a cord of wood on my doorstep.

I have tried every tactic there is to get it out of my coworkers who is responsible, because I know it was one or some of them... and no one is talking. everyone just says... pay it forward. 

Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Mar. 8, 2014 at 9:01 AM
There is a toll bridge down were my parents live. People always pay for each other to go across. If the person in front of me pays for me, I pay for the person behind me.
silverdawn99
by Ruby Member on Mar. 8, 2014 at 9:04 AM
:-) someone paid for my lunch
I try to help other people when I can. I don't have a lot of money. but I give stuff away that others might need. Try to help others out
JDmommyJD
by the sauce is boss on Mar. 8, 2014 at 9:05 AM
I love the pay it forward stuff.

My bil went to pay off and pick up his layaway last Christmas.. Someone had paid off his balance for him.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 8, 2014 at 9:08 AM
I do something kind for someone all the time. Right now I'm working on building some steps for my neighbor's dog so he can get up in her bed without too much trouble. She doesn't know I'm building it.

I've paid for some gas for people, paid for things at the store....
momto1ryen
by Gold Member on Mar. 8, 2014 at 9:08 AM
That is nice!

Quoting Anonymous:

I have a LOT of paying it forward to do in my lifetime... this winter was hard for me... and someone, or a couple someones, or several someones... I will never know... gave my kids a wonderful christmas, and delivered a cord of wood on my doorstep.

I have tried every tactic there is to get it out of my coworkers who is responsible, because I know it was one or some of them... and no one is talking. everyone just says... pay it forward. 

thenameshailie
by Ruby Member on Mar. 8, 2014 at 9:08 AM
Ive have been lucky to receive a lot of kindness from strangers. I would always like to offer the same, but I guess I am not so thoughtful because I often times dont even see the opportunity to help until it has passed. Id like to work on that.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 8, 2014 at 9:10 AM
Many times. I just have a fifty dollar gift certificate to the school secretary to Dunkin donuts. All the teachers at my kiddos school got coffee on me!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 8, 2014 at 9:12 AM
Start small! Lol Pay a toll for the person behind you. I personally love that! Maybe pay for a persons coffee. Give a big tip. It is the little things. It doesn't have to be grand gestures to make people really happy.

Quoting thenameshailie: Ive have been lucky to receive a lot of kindness from strangers. I would always like to offer the same, but I guess I am not so thoughtful because I often times dont even see the opportunity to help until it has passed. Id like to work on that.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN