Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

evil sm

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 50 Replies
That's me! Sd lives with us full time hasn't seen bm since Christmas but is supposed to be going Tuesday for spring break. 
Sd is a pain in the butt most mornings. Typically I wake her up as my husband works late nights and I have class at 9 so ill wake the kids, dress sd and take my younget to school before heading to my class. Except on Fridays I work so dh wakes up with the kids. This morning sd was being her typically crab apple I don't like mornings self. So she missed the bus and dh had to take her. He text me saying she's grounded I said ok she can set out 10 mins of swim practice tonight. ( She's on special Olympics swim team and they are off next week so I didn't want her to set out of the whole thing. ) We get there she sets out, explains to her friends why she didn't come early like we typically do so they can play, swims and did really good at all of that I was shocked. 
She asked if she could call her mom after practice to tell her about how long she stayed under water. I said sure she ended up telling bm that I made her set out and told her why. I was so pissed bm said "what an evil sm" I snatched the phone and hung up. 
I know i over reacted but we pay for swim team and I have been fighting with drs to fix sds physical because bm messed it up. Some how though I'm an evil sm? I told sd that I was sorry for snatching the phone her but it wasn't nice for bm to call me evil. I told her it was like a bad word she understood. I'm still a little steamed.

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 8, 2014 at 9:07 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
peanutsmommy1
by Ruby Member on Mar. 8, 2014 at 9:10 AM
2 moms liked this
So you took away her conversation with her mom as a punishment for something her mom said that was out of her control?
How did you hear it anyways?
brookelynn1201
by on Mar. 8, 2014 at 9:12 AM
So you you ended a conversation with her MOTHER? Her M O T H E R ?!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sparklepants747
by Queen Annie on Mar. 8, 2014 at 9:17 AM

So she was prevented from attending a whole practice because she's not a morning person? I'm so confused. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 8, 2014 at 9:17 AM
Her mom is loud as can be. Sd was setting in the car across from me. I could head her mom through my cell phone like I was the one holding it.

Quoting peanutsmommy1: So you took away her conversation with her mom as a punishment for something her mom said that was out of her control?
How did you hear it anyways?
Maks1mommy
by Emerald Member on Mar. 8, 2014 at 9:18 AM

Hmm....

PPCLC
by Platinum Member on Mar. 8, 2014 at 9:20 AM

If she's on a Special Olympics swim team as a participant, is there a chance her "crabbiness" is related to her special needs?

I cannot believe you actually grabbed the phone out of the child's hand while she was talking with her biological Mom.

Who the hell cares if the bio Mom called you "evil?" Just exactly how old are you? Grow-up and stop behaving like a child yourself!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 8, 2014 at 9:22 AM
She missed 10 mins because she refused to get dressed for her dad in the morning and missed the bus. Practice is an hr. She dOesn't have to be a morning person but every morning we fight about her going to school some mornings are worse then others. This particular morning she was hitting kicking and missed the bus. So yeah she gave up 10 mins of her hr.

Quoting Sparklepants747:

So she was prevented from attending a whole practice because she's not a morning person? I'm so confused. 

CABZS
by Emerald Member on Mar. 8, 2014 at 9:40 AM
At least you apologized for your behavior. Parents make mistakes and they need to see us own up to them.

I would apologize again and explain again why she got into trouble as it seems she wants everyone mad at you and dad. She needs to know it is her behavior.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 8, 2014 at 9:40 AM
As I said I over reacted. And I refuse to allow any of my children to make their disability an excuse. In this house we work through them. We strive to over come. I have other daughter with a disability too. I treat her the same way.
I admit I over reacted and shouldn't have snatched the phone away but bm calling me evil isn't juvenile too? So next time sd has to set out (more then likely it will happen again she processes stuff just slower then others but she does understand.) Am I going to listen to her calling me evil the whole time? Or listen to bm bitch to my husband about me making sd miss 10 mins of practic? Not to mention that this totally ruins the punishment of setting out.
Do you want to know how bm messed cup sds physical she let sd drive her car into a tree got a black eye that was swollen shut for 3 days. She did nothing. We took sd to the er when we got her back. So her ped wouldn't sign the physical until Neuro checked sd out. Yeah I'm pretty evil because instead of throwing a pack of frozen peas at sd and heading off to the er for myself (like bm did) I got sd help and fought for sd to do something she enjoys.

Quoting PPCLC:

If she's on a Special Olympics swim team as a participant, is there a chance her "crabbiness" is related to her special needs?

I cannot believe you actually grabbed the phone out of the child's hand while she was talking with her biological Mom.

Who the hell cares if the bio Mom called you "evil?" Just exactly how old are you? Grow-up and stop behaving like a child yourself!

cueballsmom
by Gold Member on Mar. 8, 2014 at 9:40 AM
6 moms liked this
Quoting brookelynn1201: So you you ended a conversation with her MOTHER? Her M O T H E R ?!
must not be much of a mom since she lost CUSTODY.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)