Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Saturday Plans??

Posted by on Mar. 8, 2014 at 10:27 AM
  • 107 Replies
So what is everyone up to today??

I'm gonna visit my aunt and take her to lunch. Visit her mil and take her something from the local bakery. She has a sweet tooth like me, lol! Her dh died of cancer a few years ago. She is very sweet! I love her like family and enjoy visiting with her. She is in her 90's and other than her hearing she does good! Hopefully go by Walmart before heading home. I have been pretty isolated the last 2 weeks with pneumonia, out of control asthma and a stomach bug since Wednesday night. I started coming back to life last night thank you Jesus! :) I generally stay in bc of pain but after the last two weeks of hell i'm gonna enjoy myself and deal with it later.

My aunt is disabled too so deals with similar pain. We are a great pair. A typical store run for most is less than an hr depending on if you are on a mission or taking you time of course. It takes us atleast 1.5-2hrs bc we sit down when our legs go numb. Idk if any of you have had numbing especially in your legs... Your legs start off feeling like jello then bam! Your waist down is numb and you feel like you are floating. Weird feeling but it is a norm for both of us so we take breaks often. Mine is due to scar tissue disease being wrapped around a major nerve in my lumbar so from my lower back/hip area down goes numb which is why I rotate sitting and standing every ten mins. Hers is due to a surgeon rolling a tendon in her leg & neuropathy. It hurts her worse to stand in one spot while it hurts me worse to continue walking when these episodes hit. Plus, as of lately my left leg (more damage on my left side) goes out so i've been falling a lot. But I need to get out so i'm gonna get out and try to enjoy myself. Otherwise i'll lay around and I refuse to give in!

One of the ladies from Naeem's intensive in home therapy team is coming to visit him at 12:30. She is taking him to the park to hang out and talk since he had a good week! Whew! Because as of lately his episodes have been increasing and becoming more violent. I have hope that they can help him so i'm proud of him for having a better week!

Umm... Sorry so long :P Once I start rambling that is it.. Soooo whacha up to?
by on Mar. 8, 2014 at 10:27 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
blsdbyangel07
by Evil Food Lady on Mar. 8, 2014 at 10:30 AM
Bizump!
scarletmeshell
by Platinum Member on Mar. 8, 2014 at 10:30 AM
2 moms liked this

My son died in August and we are having a big bday party for him today with family and friends. I had dental surgery on thursday and am not feeling that well but my Mom has everything done and ready so all I have to do is get dressed and eat mashed potatoes later!

waytomanykids10
by on Mar. 8, 2014 at 10:33 AM
1 mom liked this
Basketball games this morning, clothes shopping this afternoon.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LaughCryLive
by Ruby Member on Mar. 8, 2014 at 10:33 AM
1 mom liked this
I'm watching catching fire while dd is playing in her room. We will clean the house and do laundry. Then lunch and then I'll kick her out of the house to play.
Mom-to-2kids
by Emerald Member on Mar. 8, 2014 at 10:34 AM
1 mom liked this
We are on our way to Disney World. Not sure which yet we will decide when we get closer
imakehimscream
by He screams on Mar. 8, 2014 at 10:35 AM
1 mom liked this
Im glad you are feeling better. I want to go get a galaxy s 4 today. I was supposed to go Thursday but dd slipped on the floor and landed face first. Now she has a big lip. Dh just called and asked if I wanted to share a bottle of wine tonight. I'm not a big drinker but I said sure. The last time I drank was in September and I had 2 wine coolers
imakehimscream
by He screams on Mar. 8, 2014 at 10:36 AM
I'm sorry to hear that. I hope the party is fun

Quoting scarletmeshell:

My son died in August and we are having a big bday party for him today with family and friends. I had dental surgery on thursday and am not feeling that well but my Mom has everything done and ready so all I have to do is get dressed and eat mashed potatoes later!

Kaelaasmom
by Katie on Mar. 8, 2014 at 10:36 AM
1 mom liked this

My husband has our car at drill, so my daughter and I are working on some spring cleaning. It is a good day to open the windows and air out the house. I have to hit the grocery store later when my husband gets home.

CafeMom Tickers
ncbirdie
by Platinum Member on Mar. 8, 2014 at 10:37 AM
1 mom liked this

As soon as my stomach settles some, I'm going to start packing up the bathrooms and the closet in our bedroom.  I wish my pregnancy symptoms had waited to kick in like they did with my others.  I didn't start getting sick and tired until about 7-8 weeks along.  I'm 5 right now and am constantly nauseous or exhausted.  Trying to pack for a move while dealing with that is a little difficult.

mombear55
by on Mar. 8, 2014 at 10:37 AM
1 mom liked this

Back to work for me. 10 long hours a night.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN