Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

How did you walk away?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 47 Replies
1 mom liked this
If your child's father just gave up, stopped calling, stopped paying child support, how did you walk away?

Did you change your number? Block them from Facebook? Delete his family?

What was the turning point when you decided that this is for the best and nothing you do can make him change his mind?
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 8, 2014 at 6:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Dzyre1115
by Desiree` on Mar. 8, 2014 at 6:54 PM

BUMP!

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 8, 2014 at 6:55 PM
I just leave it up to him! I don't block anyone but I also don't look for him. I will not to be blamed for him being a dead beat! He's doing that on his own!
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 8, 2014 at 6:56 PM
Same here. Best decision I've ever made.

Quoting Anonymous: I just leave it up to him! I don't block anyone but I also don't look for him. I will not to be blamed for him being a dead beat! He's doing that on his own!
KatLee42513
by on Mar. 8, 2014 at 6:56 PM
If he's not paying child support I'd invest in a lawyer or call your state. If he's working then its mandatory for them to take it out of his paycheck. Garnish his wages.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 8, 2014 at 6:58 PM
Yes I can agree with you! I put all my effort in her and we keep busy. I don't have time to worry about him... If he calls to see her it's fine with me! He just has to be the one to come see her. If he don't it's fine she's to small to know.

Quoting Anonymous: Same here. Best decision I've ever made.

Quoting Anonymous: I just leave it up to him! I don't block anyone but I also don't look for him. I will not to be blamed for him being a dead beat! He's doing that on his own!
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 8, 2014 at 6:59 PM
I unfriended my ex a few days ago. He went to jail in November and was released a little over a week ago. He started posting stuff on Facebook and it showed up on my newsfeed. He never called us when he was in jail. But he called his friends and family.

I'm so nosy though. I want to know what he's doing. Not because I have feelings for him. I do not! I just can't believe how okay he is right now. He seems like he doesn't care at all how our son is. It's like a sympathy heart ache.

I watch my son grow everyday and to see this asshole reproducing with more women and not meeting the other baby, it irks me!

Quoting Anonymous: Same here. Best decision I've ever made.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 8, 2014 at 7:00 PM
1 mom liked this

I walked away.  I saved money for about 3 months, enough to get utilities turned on in my name and rent and deposit on an apartment.  He went to work, I called several friends, we loaded all mine and the kid's stuff in their trucks, and we left.  I never went back, I never even looked back for one moment.  When I had my fill I made the most and best decision of my entire life.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 8, 2014 at 7:00 PM
He was just released from jail a little over a week ago. He owes me from June to now though. His last job was in July. He was in jail since November

Quoting KatLee42513: If he's not paying child support I'd invest in a lawyer or call your state. If he's working then its mandatory for them to take it out of his paycheck. Garnish his wages.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 8, 2014 at 7:01 PM
Did he ever go looking for all of you?

Quoting Anonymous:

I walked away.  I saved money for about 3 months, enough to get utilities turned on in my name and rent and deposit on an apartment.  He went to work, I called several friends, we loaded all mine and the kid's stuff in their trucks, and we left.  I never went back, I never even looked back for one moment.  When I had my fill I made the most and best decision of my entire life.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 8, 2014 at 7:01 PM

None of the above. I told him he was welcome to contact me if he wanted to and stopped contacting him. We are still FB friends, he knows my number, I still talk to his family from time to time. No need to act like a teenager about it and delete/block people.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)